Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  12:14:42  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
LOL, if Blitz saw that, Sen wouldn't be digging any more !! LMAO

1.0.0 Common Boa - Revo CB13

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page

boomslang
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2025 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  12:22:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNFsqi02h5g&feature=related

Thats the stuff i meant,kinda looks the same

1.0.0 pinstripe Royal Python
1.0.0 Bumblebee Royal Python
1.0.0 Normal corn
1.0.0 Extreme red Hognose
0.1.0 Extreme red tiger Hognose
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
1.0.0 Piebald yemen
1.0.0 Tamatave panther
1.0.0 Quadricornis
Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  12:59:01  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by boomslang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNFsqi02h5g&feature=related

Thats the stuff i meant,kinda looks the same

ooh thats a nice set up....*steals ideas*

0.0.1 Carolina Corn Snake- Sanchez
0.0.1 Anery Corn Snake- Betty
1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Chancho

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2011 :  10:07:50  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
well Chancho is now the king of megazorb... he did a massive wee and had an early cleanout on Thursday night, put loads of it in his rub and it's barely made a dent in the bag (i was trying to use up a lot as i put a hole in the bag and can't fasten it up propery LOL)

I think it looks nicer than aspen... it looks like sandy, gritty little stones at a glance which looks more natural than aspen shavings in my view (aspen always makes me think of hamster and rabbit type substrate!). the one i bought is a nice colour ( i was worried it was going to be very grey looking) but its a sandy colour (similar colour to aspen, but a bit paler)

Chancho seems very happy in it, he keeps burying himself in it and going to sleep outside his hide lol... he is clearly part kenyan sand sausage-sorry-boa!

Cleaning out the corns in a bit so they get it try it out too, see how they find making their equivalent of the London tube map in megazorb!

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

boomslang

United Kingdom
2025 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2011 :  11:26:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got any pics of how it looks in the viv?

1.0.0 Normal corn
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
1.0.0 Piebald yemen
1.0.0 Tamatave panther
1.0.0 Quadricornis
Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2011 :  13:37:26  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Got any pics of how it looks in the viv?

i'll get some tonight as the RUB's in a sort of rack :) so i'll do some snaps while his lordship comes out for walkies hehe

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2011 :  14:49:03  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
actually here are some pics - just cleaned out the corns :D

first pic is the view from the side of Chancho's rub.... it looks a bit like the popcorn at the bottom of the bag from the side like this!

this is Betty the anery corns little RUB...

and this is Sanchez's faun.. (which he's fast growing out of..wish my vivs would hurry up!) Used the last of the aspen and mixed it with the megazorb - pretty much no difference in colour

Hope this is useful :)

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

boomslang

United Kingdom
2025 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2011 :  17:33:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah ok ,it kinda looks like paper pulp do the bits absorb water and expand?

1.0.0 Normal corn
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
1.0.0 Piebald yemen
1.0.0 Tamatave panther
1.0.0 Quadricornis
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2011 :  17:41:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks really really good - oh and isn't Betty growing up, love her pretty girly rub lol.

Do you mind me asking, where did you buy the megazorb, and what did it and delivery cost?

Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2011 :  09:43:27  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yeah ok ,it kinda looks like paper pulp do the bits absorb water and expand?

not sure to be honest... Chancho chucked some in to his water bowl to find out and it didn't seem to swell up.. it just looks like porridge oats when you just sprinkle a couple in to a bowl of water!

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2011 :  09:48:21  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

It looks really really good - oh and isn't Betty growing up, love her pretty girly rub lol.

Do you mind me asking, where did you buy the megazorb, and what did it and delivery cost?

i know she's getting such a big girl, she's not far from being the same size as Sanchez, who is a similar age but we bought him as a yearling and he had of course eaten properly his whole life unlike Betty who waited 8 months to get her munchies! Her yellow neck blushing is starting to come through too which is my favourite thing about aneries!

I got the megazorb from ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270801948082?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_987wt_1108

£9 for 85 litres, plus £4.99 for the delivery (which took a couple days)

the ebay seller has their own separate site too if you don't have an ebay account http://www.farmway.co.uk/smallholder-82/sundries-71/northern-driers-megazorb-animal-1788.htm and naughtily is £2 cheaper (i didn't see that when i ordered lol!)

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

boomslang

United Kingdom
2025 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2011 :  11:09:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
guess the added £2 is to cover rip of paypal fees.

1.0.0 Normal corn
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
1.0.0 Piebald yemen
1.0.0 Tamatave panther
1.0.0 Quadricornis
Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2011 :  11:33:54  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

guess the added £2 is to cover rip of paypal fees.

yeah, paypal fees do my nut in when selling, even tho i'm not a business seller they take a fair chunk, so i dread to think how much business sellers have to pay :(

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2011 :  11:48:34  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
wow it actually looks quite nice. i am using aubiose at the moment, and payed 12 quid for a 20kg bag, did the 3 cages its used in ( 1 4ft viv, 1 3ft viv and 1 64ltr rub) over the last week, as well as spot cleaning and its barely made a dent in the bag, and it was a genourous amount i used as well.
i really like the look of the megazorb in the corns cages, not sure if i would like it in the royals, but considering it for the corn, although having a huge bag just for the corn might be a bit silly xD i alreayd have 2 different substrates, aubiose for corn and royals, and bark for boa. takes up enough room as it is.

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2011 :  12:50:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mystra

quote:

i know she's getting such a big girl, she's not far from being the same size as Sanchez, who is a similar age but we bought him as a yearling and he had of course eaten properly his whole life unlike Betty who waited 8 months to get her munchies! Her yellow neck blushing is starting to come through too which is my favourite thing about aneries!

I got the megazorb from ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270801948082?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_987wt_1108

the ebay seller has their own separate site too if you don't have an ebay account http://www.farmway.co.uk/smallholder-82/sundries-71/northern-driers-megazorb-animal-1788.htm and naughtily is £2 cheaper (i didn't see that when i ordered lol!)

Ah, thanks for that, will bookmark for future reference - massive value!

It took Betty 8 months to start eating? I was worried sick about Shiloh fasting for a month when she arrived as a hatchling. Did Betty just not eat at all or did she eat now and again? My Cy has been like that, just taking enough to keep body and soul together, but this summer she's been much more regular, thank goodness. Betty looks great, anyway.

Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2011 :  13:40:51  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by mystra

quote:

Ah, thanks for that, will bookmark for future reference - massive value!

It took Betty 8 months to start eating? I was worried sick about Shiloh fasting for a month when she arrived as a hatchling. Did Betty just not eat at all or did she eat now and again? My Cy has been like that, just taking enough to keep body and soul together, but this summer she's been much more regular, thank goodness. Betty looks great, anyway.

she had never eaten when i got her, but i just fell in love with her, despite her owners trying to get me to buy the healthier hatchlings she just sat in my hand and looked up at me with her big saucer eyes... bad move which could have gone even worse considering it was my first snake :( but i'm sure we've all done similar.

She took some chick thigh randomly at about 5 months old then never again... we tried everything once a week with no handling etc in a diddy RUB with no disturbance... when she was around 8 months she started to look bad, really scrawny and getting quite lifeless (normally she would move about in same way as any hatchie) so we took her to our local reptile shop who put her in their racking system for the week.... after her 1st night there she ate a pinky! and took another 5 days later... so we brought her home...recreated the rack effect by putting the small tub in a shoe box...and she's been a little munching trooper ever since... she eats like a pig now... and very confidently...she usually climbs out her feeding tub and sits on the sofa with it instead... will have to just leave her to it with the telly on or something haha

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2011 :  14:09:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh wow - good for you for taking her on! I ended up assisting Shiloh after she'd not fed for a month, on pieces of mouse tail, but she'd been eating before she came to me. You must be really proud of Betty - without you she probably wouldn't have made it. There's nothing like it, is there, to see the greedy little things scoffing their grub at last!

Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2011 :  16:57:53  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Oh wow - good for you for taking her on! I ended up assisting Shiloh after she'd not fed for a month, on pieces of mouse tail, but she'd been eating before she came to me. You must be really proud of Betty - without you she probably wouldn't have made it. There's nothing like it, is there, to see the greedy little things scoffing their grub at last!

well, it's our local shop (Charlton Reptiles) i have to give credit to, they were brilliant and worked some sort of magic to give her the munchies! It was the point of time to assist feed, but i didn't know how, but rather than them try to show me they just took her in and gave her a chance their end first, and lo and behold, she found her appetite!

She is my favourite to feed, nothing special to anyone else on the outside to feed i suppose, but i always feel nice seeing her eat, and her cute little face scoffing down the latest unfortunate rodent form the freezer! And she's so sweet to handle as well, despite a long initial period with no regular handling, zippy like most corns but she's got a thing for faces... she nearly climbed in my mouth mid yawn, and she loves to climb on the OH glasses! She's also licked me in the eye very odd!!

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000