Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2011 :  22:33:43  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm being horribly silly and super awkward but i really want a nice black vivarium!

Please don't ask me to make my own lol

Anyone know where i can buy one...well 3 actually.... i know Wirral Vivz probably do but they aren't local and the delivery charge is huuuuge

Just think black would look super smart :) especially with all nice greenery and bit of nice lighting

Or i could just be normal and have a nice beech one i suppose!

But if anyone knows of anywhere i can get black wooden vivs that would be awesome :D

0.0.1 Carolina Corn Snake- Sanchez
0.0.1 Anery Corn Snake- Betty
1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Chancho

SE London - Canada Water

Edited by - mystra on 30/08/2011 22:38:01

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2011 :  22:51:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Umm...I'd buy bog standard beech, as cheap as poss, then paint them black, and seal with polyurethane ...a faff, but probably the cheapest solution ...

There ARE black vivs ... Kelf got a custom made stack in black, but these things seem to come and go in vogue.

Hope you find something ...I agree, black is cool!

Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2011 :  23:24:12  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Umm...I'd buy bog standard beech, as cheap as poss, then paint them black, and seal with polyurethane ...a faff, but probably the cheapest solution ...

There ARE black vivs ... Kelf got a custom made stack in black, but these things seem to come and go in vogue.

Hope you find something ...I agree, black is cool!

see i would normally make or like you said paint my own but we don't have room to do these things, no garden or nice shed/garage for fun projects like this :( the only place that doesn't have silly carpet in is the kitchen and its really too narrow to try and make a viv in LOL and if i got paint anywhere our landlord might not be best pleased lol I'm horrifically messy unfortunately!!!

was thinking of buying the vinyl covering stuff but would cost loads for enough to cover 3 vivs! was looking at about £15 just to cover my RUB shelves so i left it!

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2011 :  01:11:34  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Mines very very dark wood, will find you the website later of the guy who made it for me :)
You can see mine in a load of my videos www.youtube.com/kelfezond

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

markmifsud
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2011 :  16:24:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you tried ebay?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sticky-Back-Plastic-Vinyl-Lots-colours-sizes-/200603744979?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item746b5ed4d8#ht_3672wt_1168

£30 for 10mx610mm black vinyl

1.1.0 Pastal Ball
1.0.0 Normal Ball aged 7(ish)
0.1.0 Normal Ball aged 7(ish)

Bromley. SE London
Go to Top of Page

Lorraine
Yearling

United Kingdom
480 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2011 :  16:48:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've got a black viv but it's not wood. It's one of the glass ones with the mesh panels. I've covered the mesh lid with paper and a towel but it's a nice looking home. I got it from the pet shop but I have seen them online somewhere.

1.0.0 CB11 Normal Royal, Oscar.
1.0.0 German Shepherd, Bailey.

Still lots to learn.
Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2011 :  17:29:31  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by markmifsud

Have you tried ebay?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sticky-Back-Plastic-Vinyl-Lots-colours-sizes-/200603744979?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item746b5ed4d8#ht_3672wt_1168

£30 for 10mx610mm black vinyl

thanks, but i think covering it would be one heck of a job lol... plus i'd rather not have it look like vinyl, be nice if they did a black wood colour

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2011 :  17:30:02  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lorraine

I've got a black viv but it's not wood. It's one of the glass ones with the mesh panels. I've covered the mesh lid with paper and a towel but it's a nice looking home. I got it from the pet shop but I have seen them online somewhere.

cheers, but i prefer the wood style ones myself :)

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2011 :  17:40:41  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
oooh... i might be in luck... just did a search for vivariums and found a company in sussex that make them to order, for not much more than Vivexotic - they make them in black, hooray!! :D

http://www.southdown-aquatics.co.uk/36-x-15-x-15-p-412.html

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2011 :  17:57:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow - that's a very good price - and free delivery over £50.

Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2011 :  19:10:25  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Wow - that's a very good price - and free delivery over £50.

i know!

i found them on ebay and just googled their username... their ebay listing says they do custom sizes, these are only 15inches high and deep, and i'd like to be a little taller and deeper, like the VX36 (36x1.5x21), will send them a message and see how much that will be, in no rush so don't mind waiting :)

Been planning out the final vivs for everyone, it's going to cost an arm and a leg but will look awesome!!!

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2011 :  11:55:10  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
YAY!

Been quoted £170 for the 3 (together) plus £12 delivery charge... so excited!

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

Lorraine
Yearling

United Kingdom
480 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2011 :  12:25:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's brill. So glad you found what you were looking for.

1.0.0 CB11 Normal Royal, Oscar.
1.0.0 German Shepherd, Bailey.

Still lots to learn.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2011 :  12:27:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's really good, an excellent price for something a bit different - I'm jealous lol. Congrats!

Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2011 :  13:26:32  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
fingers crossed they're as good quality as they look in the pics :) if they do i'll be putting in a huge recommendation on here :D

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2011 :  21:00:24  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, very cheap, would cost that to build your own!
Let us know how it looks!

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan
Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2011 :  10:11:20  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sandi

Wow, very cheap, would cost that to build your own!
Let us know how it looks!

i will :) i can't wait to get them, they said will be a couple weeks to turnaround, i'm in no rush anyway!

Forgot to say that price is for slightly bigger than the standard ones on their site - i went for 36x18x21 - similar size to the deep Vivexotic ones, but with the same size glass doors, just more wood at the bottom to fill the gap as it were, if that makes sense

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  14:59:15  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hooray... they've taken their time but i just had a phone call to say they should be ready this weekend!

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  15:42:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh that's good - was worried they'd let you down. Fingers crossed and hope they arrive as promised!

Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  16:29:50  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i was getting very worried too, he was suddenly very quiet with his emails, then a woman (i'm guessing his wife as the address just brings up a house not a shop) came and saved the day. I payed on paypal though so i would have been protected if it turned out dodgy as it wasn't a gift payment or anything unprotected. I didn't mind the wait it was just the lack of communication.. it's not much to pick up the phone or reply to an email to give me a rough idea of things lol.. hopefully they will be worth the wait!

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

jonoandapril
Yearling

United Kingdom
455 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2011 :  13:42:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey, just had a barinwave. i cant remeber the exact website name, but it was boaphiles dot something. i stumbled accross it about 8 months ago, its an american company. they do custom stacks with all the heatmats and stats built in for pretty decent prices AND their black! or grey, whatever you preffer.
if you do go for one from these guys PLEASE let me know, really want to see how good they are from someone else other than their own site.

1.1.0 corns (amel + carolina)
2.3.0 normal, fire, pastel and 2 bumblebee royals
1.0.0 jungle carpet python
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000