Dwarf Burms and Retics
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hatchling

90 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2011 :  09:01:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hiya,

Wondered if anyone has had any experience with dwarf burmese or dwarf retics? Curious as the dwarf burms are advertised as only 7ft in length as adults, but can't find info on how big a dwarf retic will get. I know the super-dwarfs are approx 7-8ft adults.

Soooo to round that up, does anyone know the adult size of these snakes when adult

Thanks

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2011 :  16:38:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You've probably seen this vid but thought I'd post it as the bit where he opens the rub is epic! Lovely snakes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7Pf6K5LMUI&NR=1

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2011 :  17:02:27  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Keh' has a dwarf retic, i'll direct him here next time I speak to him

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

Hatchling

90 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2011 :  17:57:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

You've probably seen this vid but thought I'd post it as the bit where he opens the rub is epic! Lovely snakes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7Pf6K5LMUI&NR=1

No I haven't seen that video before! Very eager little retic that one! Thanks for sharing

@ Kelf: Thanks, just a bit curious about them, hard to get a good idea on pics when there's nothing to show scale

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2011 :  18:36:27  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
might be wrong here, but im sure the dwarf retics arent really that dwarf, getting to around 10-12ft, but i could be wrong

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2011 :  18:45:03  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I recall dwarf burms getting 6 or 7ft max as well but they tend to be very aggressive.

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2011 :  23:39:25  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Apparently K says the parents to his dwarf retic were 6 and 7ft

Go to Top of Page

Hatchling

90 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2011 :  16:26:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks all, the dwarf retics really are not all that dwarf are they? Was speaking to a breeder and his adult male pure retics reach 9-12ft and usually no bigger. Think the super dwarfs are smaller. Its the girls of both species that get huge!

Go to Top of Page

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2012 :  22:37:42  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you want a dwarf retic (in the true sense of the word) then you need to look at the super dwarves, as there are many examples of dwarf retics hitting 12ft. There is one on youtube I was looking at the other day that has outgrown a "normal" retic in the same time frame, hitting a mere 11ft in two years........
I would dearly love a retic, but I cannot risk having to house a 12ft snake in the space I have. Maybe I'll pickup a super dwarf in a few years when I KNOW it's an adult ;)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000