New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aimeecrr
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2011 :  16:28:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey every1 im finally getting my python sunday. She is feeding fine and shedding. Im really excited. Just a couple of quick questions if its ok. In what way can i help the snake get used to me? I know i will have to leave her alone for a week but what can i do to get her used to my scent? Also my friend will be helping me out alot, how will she get used to him? Cheers 4 being patient guys, every1 on her has been a really big help and i thank you! Any tips will be appreciated

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2011 :  17:11:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Time is really the only way to let them get used to you, some will settle quickly some may take a little longer but as long as you are providing what they need (and been a Royal sometimes its what they want). I've heard people putting a piece of worn clothing in to get them used to your scent, i've never done that and cant see it making a massive amount of difference as they have such good sense of smell they'll smell you a mile off anyway. The best thing (the best bit of advice I was given) is to leave them as much as you can without handling, until you have 3 consecutive feeds under your belt to allow them to setttle in their new home, then start handling to get them used to that staart with a few minutes a couple of times a week and work up from there.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 25/09/2011 :  21:56:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, as Bob says, slow but sure ...and one thing I notice over and over again is that nothing goes to plan. A snake who's confident one day may be stressy or aloof the next; they can be changeable and unpredictable (although to me that's part of their charm) and it is definitely a matter of time, and getting used to each other's ways. All the best with your new royal and congrats in advance.

Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2011 :  09:23:18  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Bats and Bob said everything I just gonna wish u luck

1.0.0 Common Boa - Revo CB13

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000