New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sam84
Hatchling

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2011 :  08:32:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So I've been reading all over the web trying to find a way to make Koshi less jumpy around us now my brother is not here to help
all weird and wonderful ideas were contemplated and dismissed - I do not want him to bite me until he gets bored.....really what kind of idea is that??!!

So after a trip round Liverpool One on a ridiculously warm day and an uphill trek from train station I mugged my boyfriend for his still warm sock and rubbed it on myself - he was well confused thought I had heat stroke or something

Now you're thinking I'm weird - I know. but I really want to get Koshi out as much as Cora but he so jumpy that he either bites us or himself! I've also been musked and widdled on! It not fair on him.

I hung the sock over the higher of the 2tier dowel system before he woke up. at first he was a bit wary of it then he got on the lower dowel next to it then he lay next to it then on it then..........

we woke up this morning to snake in a sleeping bag - can you spot him?

Theory around this is if he's OK with the sock and that it's not a danger then hopefully he'll associate the smell with us.

Will get him out tonight and see if he less jumpy.

Has anyone tried this before? or am I mental?

xxx

0.1.0 Royal Python - Cora
1.0.0 Carpet Python - Koshi

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2011 :  10:21:50  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
haha brilliant!! bet it's quite comfy if you're a snake :)

I've heard lots of people use this method to get a nervous snake used to their smell, but it's first time i've heard of one getting cosy in a sock :D

Keep going with it and persevering and i'm sure he'll come round and get used to you guys :)

0.0.1 Carolina Corn Snake- Sanchez
0.0.1 Anery Corn Snake- Betty
1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Chancho

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

chrisc
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
3326 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2011 :  14:51:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i used this trick when i was given an agressive rat snake an it worked really well. got him used to the smell an after a few weeks of owning him he is nice and calm. still rears up an tail rattles when i go in the viv but its all show. good luck with your snake

1.0.0 burmese python,giblet. 1.0.0 BCI, william. 0.1.0 blue tongue skink, 0.1.0 green iguana, jasmin, 1.0.0 cape house snake, 0.1.0 checkered garter snake

my youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/pegrocks
incubate 2 campaign
https://www.facebook.com/incubate2
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2011 :  18:35:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awww! How cute! A snakey sleeping bag!!

I've heard of this before and when I got Saada secondhand I gave her a bit of old T shirt I'd kept up my sleeve, just to accustom her to my smell ...but a SOCK?? A HOT MALE SOCK??? And he climbed into it???

PHEW!!!

Mind you when I was married to a guy my cats used to go mad on laundry day, making love to his shirts ...

Go to Top of Page

Sam84
Hatchling

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2011 :  20:48:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WHOOP WHOOP!!

had him out for quick hold and seems 10x times calmer - not fully ok still wants to dart but not whipping round on me!!

have given him another sock for the evening

xx

Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2011 :  21:31:21  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Whats going to happen on washing day? he will be hissing for his blanky, sucking his tail in lieu of a thumb and rocking in his viv? Think you need to buy more socks!

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2011 :  21:52:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sam84

WHOOP WHOOP!!

had him out for quick hold and seems 10x times calmer - not fully ok still wants to dart but not whipping round on me!!

have given him another sock for the evening

xx

Reckon he's gassed ...

Go to Top of Page

Sam84
Hatchling

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2011 :  22:08:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
he's lucky it wasn't my sock!!

thinking of going into business making couture snake accessories -ssssleeping bags, ssssswimsuits, sssssleepwear lol

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 30/09/2011 :  22:48:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL!

Or my sock either ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQUOwXbbG_4&feature=related

Edited by - n/a on 01/10/2011 19:31:47