New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2011 :  12:04:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Sally is a Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, she is a beast and without doubt the fastest animal I own.

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2011 :  12:28:59  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
aweeeeesome!

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2011 :  12:51:47  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Wow, scary !! she is not venomous, isn't she ?

1.0.0 Common Boa - Revo CB13

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page

Evolution Morphs
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2011 :  13:00:56  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh wow what a super little critter

What is it feeding on

now on facebook

Royal Pythons
http://www.facebook.com/EvolutionMorphs

Western Hognose
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2011 :  13:54:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She is on no2 crickets and hopefully roaches as i'm setting up a colony. She is only very small at the moment but is perfectly minature of an adult, she is a captive bred one too which is very unusual and why I bought her straight away.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2011 :  14:16:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oooooo! That is one cool beastie ...how big will she grow? She's lovely - if not exactly cuddly lol!

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2011 :  17:04:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
about 6 inches nose to tail, she is probably about 1 inch at the moment if that. She sure isn't cuddly and at the moment she is very skittish too, I gave her a cricket today and she shyed away because I was there but 2 seconds after covering her over I checked and she had the cricket so she doesn't mess around. I think she will calm a little (but not a lot with this type of Scorp) with time.

Its actually quite cute when I was taking those pictures she was a bit scared so i was keeping my distance, don't want her stressed out but as I was putting the lid on she turned and got into a full defensive stance, both pincers raised tail arched right over, she is knee high to a grasshopper, literally, and yet she turned ready to fight, and the funniest part, I wouldn't take her on, their sting is painful and hurts for days.

Go to Top of Page

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2011 :  21:09:35  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ewwwww! Now im not so sure about this little critter! Spiders i adore, reptiles, yes obviously but scorpions.....hmmm they just dont do it for me!

Granted, its a stunning thing, one of natures warriors but it puts the frights in me. Bob....your mad!

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2011 :  21:26:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Couple more pictures.

Tawf I forgot to answer; yes they are venomous, a sting from this little one will be very painful and swollen for days. I dont plan on actually holding this one, though we will see if her temprement simmers down, she is an aggresive little monster at the moment. I said I wouldn't be handling Trixie either but that didn't happen.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2011 :  21:39:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewswu-jy4KA&feature=related

wot, no armchair walkies??

Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  10:54:57  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh dear God, then, hope u don't get any sting from her .

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  11:43:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MelnXjxDZE&feature=relmfu

Go to Top of Page

Sam84
Hatchling

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  13:39:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Sally
She's gorgeous
would love one but i could never have a pet and not handle it - but reckon gotta better chance of getting one of those rather than a spider - my other half scared of them lol xx

0.1.0 Royal Python - Cora
1.0.0 Carpet Python - Koshi
Go to Top of Page

chrisc
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
3326 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  20:48:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
very cool. been thinking about getting an emperor scorpion an would handle it if possible but would not hold a tarantula

1.0.0 burmese python,giblet. 1.0.0 BCI, william. 0.1.0 blue tongue skink, 0.1.0 green iguana, jasmin, 1.0.0 cape house snake, 0.1.0 checkered garter snake

my youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/pegrocks
incubate 2 campaign
https://www.facebook.com/incubate2
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  21:32:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Tarantula is nice and calm, I held her yesterday switching her back to her small tub as she has stopped eating after switching her to a bigger tub (the things we have to do). I wouldn't hold the Scorpion just yet though, very skittish and defensive. The giant Asian Forest Scorpion is very similar to emperors, though Emperors are calmer. Sally has bigger claws and bigger longer stinger than a emperor and a longer body and has an attitude fitting for a armoured arachnatank.

Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2011 :  10:56:45  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I could handle the tarantula, i don't have a problem at all, but handle a scorpion !! never !!

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  00:05:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will no doubt bite the bullet at some point and handle her, I shall post pictures if she permits me the time to take a phot before the stinging begins.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000