Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Reptile Photos
 I know not a reptile but still stunning.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dio
Yearling

United Kingdom
297 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2011 :  19:50:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To cheer me up my housemate took me to the blue cross on monday as we had been talking about getting a cat of a bit. We wanted an older cat that wouldn't want to go out much as my friends worried about roads.

The first cat/kitten we came across was the most stunning cat i've ever seen and fit what we wanted perfectly.

She's called Blue Eyes but we're just going to call her Blue. She's only 10 months old but unfortunately completely deaf which will mean she will have to be a house cat and only allowed into the garden when supervised. After a successful home visit we get to bring her home on Monday

0.0.1 Royal Python (Dio)
0.1.0 Angora Cat (Blue)

sandi
Sub Adult

787 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2011 :  20:07:28  Show Profile  Visit sandi's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh hello blue, your gorgeous!

(and im a dog person)!

0.1.0 Royal Python - Florence
1.0.0 Boa Constrictor - Boris
1.1.0 Alaunts - Willow & Brochan
Go to Top of Page

Dio
Yearling

United Kingdom
297 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2011 :  20:17:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And she knows she is sandi lol. Even though she's only 10 months old she was the longest residence they had as no one wanted her due to her deafness. I think she had one close adoption but they just didn't have a proper garden like we do.

0.0.1 Royal Python (Dio)
0.1.0 Angora Cat (Blue)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2011 :  20:37:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww, she is FAB!!!

Yes, you need a special home for a cat like that, although (and I know it's not always practical) I'd advocate all cats being kept in this way - I'm lucky enough, in the past couple of years, to have been able to wire in my yard to prevent mine roaming and truly it's a weight off my mind.

Welcome home little Blue, you're beautiful, and a house is really not a home without at least one cat ...

Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2011 :  20:42:04  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
oh WOW!!!! she looks like the kitty equivalent of a model!

we're thinking of doing the same in the next couple of years if manage to find a place with a garden - i used to be dead against 'house cats' but the more i looked into it, when you live in a city with busy roads and all sorts its a much better idea! Plus we'd love to help a deaf cat or similar who really couldn't go out.

She's PURRRRRRRRFECT XD

0.0.1 Carolina Corn Snake- Sanchez
0.0.1 Anery Corn Snake- Betty
1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Chancho

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

Dio
Yearling

United Kingdom
297 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2011 :  20:49:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If my friend had her way we would have ended up with all the cats they had. For me it ws love at first sight and i refused to have any other cat.

Mystra it really would be rewarding to give a deaf cat a home. The guy who's been sorting out the adoption said they tend to be much more affectionate and clingy. There isn't much you have to do differently than having a hearing cat. If you do get one i'd be willing to give you any advice you need as by then we would have gotten used to her.

0.0.1 Royal Python (Dio)
0.1.0 Angora Cat (Blue)
Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2011 :  22:05:02  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dio

If my friend had her way we would have ended up with all the cats they had. For me it ws love at first sight and i refused to have any other cat.

Mystra it really would be rewarding to give a deaf cat a home. The guy who's been sorting out the adoption said they tend to be much more affectionate and clingy. There isn't much you have to do differently than having a hearing cat. If you do get one i'd be willing to give you any advice you need as by then we would have gotten used to her.

awww thanks Dio, it may be a way off but like you said you'll be very experienced by then! I'm the same as your friend, any time i go to any sort of adoption centre for cats/dogs etc i want to bring them all home (and i'm usually in tears!)

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

Sam84
Hatchling

United Kingdom
81 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  09:27:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you know that cats with blue eyes and white fur are 9/10 likely to be deaf? - some recessive gene i would think

So you now know what to look for Mystra

0.1.0 Royal Python - Cora
1.0.0 Carpet Python - Koshi
Go to Top of Page

Dio
Yearling

United Kingdom
297 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2011 :  16:42:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brought Blue home 2 hours ago and can't believe how well she's settled. She's walked around the whole house purring constantly. The only thing we have to get used to is her loud meowing everytime she can't see us. Hopefully that will stop once she's used to it here.

She's already gotten into alot of mischief with climbing on things and getting stuck under the sofa.

0.0.1 Royal Python (Dio)
0.1.0 Angora Cat (Blue)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2011 :  17:48:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bless her! Ah, I've heard of this before - deaf cats often have an 'early howling system' lol. She sounds an absolutely great character - yes, and she will explore every inch of the house and they often select the most obscure sleeping place possible - I've often thought I've lost one of mine but it's just one of those little feline jokes ...welcome home Blue!

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2011 :  21:55:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What do you call a deaf cat?

Anything you want!

Thats a very pretty kitty.

Go to Top of Page

Dio
Yearling

United Kingdom
297 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  10:48:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You wouldn't be saying that after the night i've had. She's worse than a baby, at least they sleep. She's been up all night with a bad tummy and meowing at the top of her voice. I even had to clean up cat sick with spider mixed in at 1am. when i finally got to sleep i was woken up with her pawing my chest and trying to stick her tongue up my nose.

Now she's crashed out on the sofa fast asleep.

0.0.1 Royal Python (Dio)
0.1.0 Angora Cat (Blue)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  11:07:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tell me about it! I have an ex-feral called Finn and his (apparent) daughter, Mouse. They don't get on.

2 am this morning, they both landed on my chest in a screaming fight. I've been stressed out for months and my sleep, what there is of it, is precious to me ... cats!!

Sick mixed in with spider? Urrrgh! Certainly sounds like she's bonded with you ie she's being a pain in the whatsit and craving incessant mothering.

You probably know this, but if her stomach's a bit iffy, try feeding something light like tuna (in brine or water, not the oily sort) or white fish or chicken if she'll take it (my faddy little gits will only accept grilled chicken breast, and they were all feral!) And don't give her any milk ...

Ohh...my Emily has just run in from the garden, howling (the howl that means, Lil, going to be sick!) and is now puking up grass on the stairs ...lovely.

Your life will never be the same ...

Go to Top of Page

Dio
Yearling

United Kingdom
297 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2011 :  14:23:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We think it was either the tuna or cats milk we gave her yesterday so we are only giving her her dry food today. We trying her with a little cod yesterday but she didn't seem to like it.

She's proper clingy. If she can't see us then she starts screaming until we go to her.

0.0.1 Royal Python (Dio)
0.1.0 Angora Cat (Blue)
Go to Top of Page

Dio
Yearling

United Kingdom
297 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2011 :  00:54:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She's settled in fine now after 2 bad night.

We decided to do some research into what type of cat Blue is and discovered she is a Turkish Angora and not the domestic shorthaired we were told she is. This would explain why she keeps trying to get in the shower with us as all Turkish cats are water loving ones. It also explains the following picture

Some more of her

She's a bit of a TV fan

And as i'm feeling brave one of us together

0.0.1 Royal Python (Dio)
0.1.0 Angora Cat (Blue)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2011 :  12:48:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww, lovely lovely pics - she's looking really settled in and happy - looks like you were meant for each other. I've heard about the Turkish swimming cats; some cats just do love water...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKeuL6YjnFQ
ps the snakes are plastic.

Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2011 :  16:12:17  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
awww she's such a beauty, she looks very much at home :) and a lovely pic of the two of you!

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  09:03:58  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Gorgeous Cat !!

1.0.0 Common Boa - Revo CB13

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000