New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lemur
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2011 :  23:40:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello all,i have a ball python called Sammy fed wednesday and had her in the garden with the weather being glorious yesterday and normally she will go straight into her hide but she stayed out and went under the lamp and as i got up this morning she was still under when i went to put it back on this morning she also looked hungry so fed her again tonight she about 4 ft and a good size not sure of her weight she eats large mice so will try her on small rats next week, is this normal, had her about 2 month and normally fed each week but looked as though she struggles to get them down.

0.1.0 Royal python. Sammy
0.1.0 Bearded dragon.Charlie

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2011 :  00:35:21  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Without knowing her weight it's hard to say, but as for struggling to get them down- When you eat with no hands it always looks like a struggle lol, if the rat is the same or smaller than the snakes biggest part of her body then she won't have any problems at all.

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

Royalbob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
1115 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2011 :  11:10:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A 4ft female will definitely need more than 1 jumbo mouse that's for sure. I feed roughly 10% of snakes body weight.

1.0 Enchi butter
1.0 Enchi X Pastel
1.0 Fire het clown
1.0 Bumblebee
1.0 pinstripe

0.1 Enchi Fire
0.1 Pastel calico
0.1 Yellow belly Pinstripe
0.1 Lemon pastel poss het clown
0.1 Het clown
0.1 Yellow belly
0.1 Green Mojave
0.1 HC Albino
0.2 Normals

Go to Top of Page

lemur
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2011 :  20:09:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thankyou for your advice,i was wondering if there was a way to find out how much to feed her,got her from a friend of mine who couldnt take her with him as he was moving house and as i loved her, i got her.if you feed her 10% of her body weight then do you still feed every seven days or longer?

0.1.0 Royal python. Sammy
0.1.0 Bearded dragon.Charlie
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000