Twice as much Saada
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2011 :  23:27:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've mentioned before that Saada, my cf09 normal, is a small girl, though, since she's just a pet, that's not a problem. When she arrived last November, though very well cared for and a good feeder, she only weighed 300g.

It's always nice to see them grow though and, after 11 months on Blackecho's feeding guide (with a fast that lasted from January into May) she's just shed and left me the usual pile. Weighing her today, I was pleased to see she'd reached 735g.

She came out for counterpane walkies, very full of herself and new and shiny with that beautiful blue sheen, and tonight I found her basking in her viv, so here she is.

Nothing glamorous in the world of royals, but I'm very proud of her.

Thanks for looking.

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2011 :  23:30:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful little girl. Very glamorous too sporting her natural look, its very 2011.

I also had to look twice as I thought she was trying to eat the wood for a second.

Go to Top of Page

lemur
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  00:08:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
she is lovely, bout the same size as my royal.

0.1.0 Royal python. Sammy
0.1.0 Bearded dragon.Charlie
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  00:22:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys - lol Bob, see what you mean - well, that's royals for you, get them in feeding mode and they'll eat anything!

Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  08:44:19  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello Saada

1.0.0 Common Boa - Revo CB13

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page

Lorraine
Yearling

United Kingdom
480 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  11:39:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's lovely to see her Bats, and that's a super weight gain she's given you.

1.0.0 CB11 Normal Royal, Oscar.
1.0.0 German Shepherd, Bailey.

Still lots to learn.
Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  13:15:52  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
awww, she's a pretty little girl! i thought she was having a munch on the rock too haha!

0.0.1 Carolina Corn Snake- Sanchez
0.0.1 Anery Corn Snake- Betty
1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Chancho

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

Evolution Morphs
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  13:16:59  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
what a lovely shiny snakey
You have there bats :)

Bet you well pleased with how she's getting on

now on facebook

Royal Pythons
http://www.facebook.com/EvolutionMorphs

Western Hognose
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2011 :  15:13:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys - lol yeah she's just sharpening her fangs for the next meal - I'm really pleased with her; she's such a sweetheart and so gentle, but show her a rat atm and she's on the ball! Long may it last.

Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  12:28:13  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
BTW, the rocks look great in the viv, i really want to put one in my viv, but since i'm feeding Blitz in the viv with live prey i don't want to be alot of things in Blitz way

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  14:09:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah, thanks but they're not rocks - the thing on the left is driftwood - some stuff called mopani wood which is marketed in the uk for aquariums. The thing on the right is one of the plastic 'Trixie' hides, a German brand which is undercutting the more expensive exoterra brand in this country ...they're cheap but effective and very good value. It's only Ziska, who's got a 5' viv, who has some rocks in her warm end to bask on, as she's a diurnal snake.

Looking at this photo, I keep thinking that I must put a bit of plastic greenery in at the warm end; the plantmat on the wall looks a bit stark.

Yes, if you're feeding Blitz his hammys in his viv, you won't be able to have much cover for the hammy to skulk in - though doesn't sound as if it'll have time to suss out any hiding places - Blitz sounds pretty efficient, congrats again!

Edited by - n/a on 11/10/2011 14:11:23
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2011 :  14:30:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also, might as well mention - Surahi, my cb06 dinker, has recently shed and emptied too - 1460g! Another meal or two and she'll be breeding weight, not bad for a lass who was a confirmed mouse junkie up till this summer ...sadly we won't be breeding (although sorely tempted and so would Shahi be too, I imagine)but nice to know she's the weight she ought to be since being on her ratty diet.

Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2011 :  09:38:36  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
1460g ha !! can't wait until Blitz will reach this number. Surahi must be doing very well

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2011 :  10:45:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks. She's beginning to, size-wise. She's always been a lovely girl, but when I got her she was 4 and had been fed mice all her life, which is why I think she never attained breeding weight - 2 large mice @ 45g every week, for a girl who should have been munching on a medium rat every fortnight, wasn't quite the same.

She's also beginning to throw her weight about, so to speak. She had a little patch of stuck shed last time; I put her in the damp pillowcase to ease it off, and when she came out, she was cross! It was a bit like I imagine arguing with a boa would be - she's STRONG!!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000