Excited snake?!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

acd1984
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2011 :  06:11:19  Show Profile  Click to see acd1984's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi guys, do snakes get excited? I got George out as usual tonight but the only difference was that he has not been out for a couple of days which is the longest he has had to wait for his walkies, anyway I got him out but rather than the docile slow George, he was like an excited puppy whizzing around smelling everything, it was fun but odd.
I know its nearly breeding season but with no females here could it still be that? (although he is only about 5 months old)

SOOOO......Do snakes get excited?

p.s its not feeding day just yet.

1.0.0 Lesser - Helios
2.0.0 Normal - George & Kairo
1.0.0 Mojave - Bolt
0.1.0 Mojave - Roxi
1.0.0 Leopard Gecko - Leo
0.0.1 Crocodile gecko - Pheonix

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2011 :  09:49:12  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
How often do u handle him ?

1.0.0 Common Boa - Revo CB13

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2011 :  11:05:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I think they do. Sometimes they chill out, sometimes they're racing about, active and interested, or up at the viv window watching everything that's going on. I suppose a snake is principally motivated by food, sex and survival, play and amusement don't come into it, although to see my corns chasing after the cleaning out scoop you might think so - you can fair see them giggling as I push them away for the umpteenth time and they come zooming back to interfere ...

Go to Top of Page

acd1984
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2011 :  17:00:23  Show Profile  Click to see acd1984's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I was just so weird, he is usually so sedate and lazy but not last night.

I handle everyday usually, but i had given him a couple days off

1.0.0 Lesser - Helios
1.0.0 Mojave - Bolt
0.1.0 Mojave - Roxi

Go to Top of Page

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2011 :  17:49:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I think they can especially after last night which was feeding time for my two and my little girl Ariadne (or devil woman) as I've come to call her, was that excited she grabbed her rat that hard she fell out of her viv, then as if the fluff wasn't enough I picked her up to put her back in and she thought my thumb was food, and it bloody hurt lmao oh and no I didn't have the camera handy

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.1.0 100% Het Clown "Cerberus" and "Artemis"
0.1.0 Poss Calico "Ariadne"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"
Go to Top of Page

acd1984
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2011 :  06:49:46  Show Profile  Click to see acd1984's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
@reptilemadd LOL....ouch but....LOL

Its was weird again only this time i got him out he was in a moody and even hissed at me, he was happy enough when I put him back and showed him his dinner though.

1.0.0 Lesser - Helios
1.0.0 Mojave - Bolt
0.1.0 Mojave - Roxi

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page