Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2011 :  17:49:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL - Reptilemadd you may just be right there and thanks.

I reckon being thrifty in these hard times is essential - especially when we've got animals to take care of ...one vet bill can upset finances well and truly ...again I speak from experience (one very dear tomcat snoozing by my feet as I write lol ...)

Go to Top of Page

boomslang
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2025 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2011 :  18:55:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just to make a point,I've dealt with some super people.That send you caresheets,Show you photos of how they keep what there selling.any problems you can call them.Don't get enraged if you email them with problems weeks later etc etc.

1.0.0 pinstripe Royal Python
1.0.0 Bumblebee Royal Python
1.0.0 Normal corn
1.0.0 Extreme red Hognose
0.1.0 Extreme red tiger Hognose
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
1.0.0 Piebald yemen
1.0.0 Tamatave panther
1.0.0 Quadricornis
Go to Top of Page

smart1
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2011 :  16:13:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thought id share this posted on rfuk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This guys unreal not only does he sell me sick animals
He's now saying i have in the past done this to others and calls me a (bad word) to boot, I contacted him 2 weeks after purchase not 4 and I've never brought a snake that has been sick and went back to the seller except in this case, hope this shows others this guy is a outright lier and isn't to be trusted under and circumstance what so ever..

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrights
hey smart i thought i would post this up was going to do a trade with him now im not going to bother after this.

To: Shela Wright ;
Subject: Re: Royal adult
Sent: Sun, Oct 23, 2011 8:47:19 PM

i did not sell any with RI he had for a month with no problems , feeding good then after a month he calls saying give me money or take the snakes back.. he is a bad word and he did it with others in the past.. you are most welcom to come and see how i keep my animals..
i have nothing to hide..
we keep 600 royals, plus others.. so i dont know what he did to them but not from me..
thanks

boomslang

United Kingdom
2025 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2011 :  18:44:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its like this across the board,Theres one guy on there,taking free to good home animals and selling them on right away.then lies and cheats people to make money.

I only deal with the breeders i no,or have good rep.even if i have to pay top price.rfuk is full of cheats.

That guy will most likely delete that account,make another and go on with the con.

1.0.0 Normal corn
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
1.0.0 Piebald yemen
1.0.0 Tamatave panther
1.0.0 Quadricornis

Edited by - boomslang on 24/10/2011 18:45:57
Go to Top of Page

smart1
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2011 :  19:41:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tbh boomslang i sell my snakes at good prices and dont rip people off and my snakes are all in 100% health when they leave me, hes not just on RFUK hes on most forums
Go to Top of Page

boomslang

United Kingdom
2025 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2011 :  20:28:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smart1

tbh boomslang i sell my snakes at good prices and dont rip people off and my snakes are all in 100% health when they leave me, hes not just on RFUK hes on most forums

Yeah ofc happens everywhere,but i bet you don't have 16 reviews with 4 bad? I wouldnt buy from anyone that had a low amount of reviews with 10/20% of them being bad.

Your account has alot of activity on it.Plus he must have been banned as i can't find his user name anymore.

1.0.0 Normal corn
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
1.0.0 Piebald yemen
1.0.0 Tamatave panther
1.0.0 Quadricornis
Go to Top of Page

smart1
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2011 :  21:28:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forums/members/mutationsonly.html

here he is
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2011 :  22:58:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww those poor little snakes, I do hope you get them straightened out, my only concern now would be the snakes you swapped. Hopefully he is good at shifting them on quick and they dont spend too long in an environment that may be the cause of illness. I would like to say he will eventually get whats coming to him but he won't, people like that never do.

You see all sorts of quite irratating trade of animals which really needs to stop, like gumtree (my pet hate) if you search snakes you will find hundreds of adverts for corn snake and royal adverts of people moving home or have work commitments SELLING their snakes yet every single picture is showing a snake in a viv too small,incorrectly setup, and planks that dont even know what type of snake they have (I saw one like this, it was a cal king snake been sold as a corn snake) or the funny one listed was I quote 'not reptile, a snake'.

Go to Top of Page

smart1
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2011 :  17:36:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tbh it looks like they might all have worms aswell I'm pretty sure one has so all will have, I've examined a fecal sample myself hopefully
The vet will tell me I'm wrong but I don't think I am ... Mites ok ri not ok carnt Handel poss worms aswell these may aswell be wild court royals unreal, I don't think this crook had any business selling these snakes in the condition they were in and if anyone wants to back me up on rfuk feel free !

Edited by - smart1 on 26/10/2011 17:39:01
Go to Top of Page

boomslang

United Kingdom
2025 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2011 :  18:06:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So they have mites,Ri,worms and bleeding from the cloaca,maybe thats to do with the worms?

I did read the rfuk thread.alot of people using the "you had them for two weeks"so they could have caught Ri etc with you.But how likely is it,For you to give said snakes worms Ri etc etc in that space of time.

Keep us updated :)

1.0.0 Normal corn
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
1.0.0 Piebald yemen
1.0.0 Tamatave panther
1.0.0 Quadricornis
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2011 :  19:43:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Keep a record of everything, speak to trading standards, speak to the RSPCA, and speak to consumer/citizens advice bureau get as much information as you can togather, keep every scrap of correspondence including full vet reports, at best the above will get involved at worse you take him to small claims for the cost of the snakes and the vet bills. One thing to remember is the law is there to protect you its just complex and has to be used correctly.

Go to Top of Page

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2011 :  20:44:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thats the thing bob is the law really there too help or hinder? because as I've said in a previous post it's a classic case of "buyer beware" and you can get as many opinions as you want about wether the snakes were ill before they were recieved, but since the symptoms only started appearing two weeks after smart1 purchased them, thats all they are "opinions" and in a court of law there may be enough reasonable doubt to not get a conviction, don't get me wrong I'm not a fan of this guy "as per my other replies" and I would do all I can to either get all my money back or a conviction, but it could end up costing thousands and still no satisfactory out come

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.1.0 100% Het Clown "Cerberus" and "Artemis"
0.1.0 Poss Calico "Ariadne"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"

Edited by - reptilemadd on 26/10/2011 20:45:22
Go to Top of Page

smart1
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2011 :  17:49:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
These snakes should never have been sold in this state, that is the bottom line
Go to Top of Page

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 27/10/2011 :  19:11:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I totally agree with you smart1 and if I gave you any reason to think otherwise I apologise and you should as I have said do everything you can to get him sorted out one way or the other......

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"
Go to Top of Page

smart1
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2011 :  21:15:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wht is it everyone on here is nice and seems to be understanding were as on rfuk they all seem to be horrible and say things that are total bull****
Go to Top of Page

boomslang

United Kingdom
2025 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2011 :  22:46:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smart1

wht is it everyone on here is nice and seems to be understanding were as on rfuk they all seem to be horrible and say things that are total bull****

did he offer to take the snakes back?ie before you posted that stuff on rfuk?Or any refund etc etc?

Did you see that post on them corns?seller tried to make all kinds of excuses,Most people can see who's to blame in most cases like this.Theres no excuse full stop for selling snakes in some conditions.

1.0.0 Normal corn
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
1.0.0 Piebald yemen
1.0.0 Tamatave panther
1.0.0 Quadricornis
Go to Top of Page

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2011 :  14:51:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't know what it is about the dark side (rfuk) but I'm not a member and will only go on it if I'm desperate for that very reason smart1 they all seem more interested in who's got the biggest snake rather than trying to help people... As boomslang said any further joy with this joker????

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"
Go to Top of Page

Animal
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2011 :  11:40:42  Show Profile  Click to see Animal's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Wow did I read that right, the guy who supplied these snakes said he has 600 royals plus others?! That is LOT of snakes to look after, keep track of feeds, sheds, etc and he must have a huge space to keep that many? I know for certain if I had that many, I absolutely could not look after them all properly without at least a few staff and proper premises to keep them, and that to my mind would make him a large pet shop. I'm not sure but I thought you needed some kind of licence to actually keep animals in those amounts, let alone sell them. Perhaps contact the council for his area and report him?

I hope your snakes get better and pull through for you, it must be awful for you to have to go through this xx

Proud owner of:
1 Alan the Royal Python
3 Idiot dogs :)
Go to Top of Page

rockroyal
Yearling

United Kingdom
470 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2011 :  16:42:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
now i`m worried i`ve been looking to buy my 2nd royal python i have a mormal at the moment so would love another morph now cananyone reccomend a good breeder to me please and if poss a link to

3.1.0 royal python
2.0.0 corn snake
0.1.0 western hognose
0.1.0 bci
Go to Top of Page

GMac
Grumpy scots admin

United Kingdom
1152 Posts

Posted - 13/11/2011 :  17:10:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
location may make it easier to recommend someone

Royals, Corns, Boa, Kings, Hoggy, Ratsnakes