Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 23

Oh How Original
Yearling

United Kingdom
378 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2011 :  16:36:26  Show Profile  Click to see Oh How Original's MSN Messenger address  Send Oh How Original a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I was a member of the non feeding club for a month but she is eating fine again now.
Well ate her last meal anyway, hope she continues to and stops fasting :D

When on the Forums, always be nice, stick to the rules and help when you can.
Go to Top of Page

Dr Chop
Snake Mite

46 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  00:10:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was almost out tonight Norman looked interested struck and missed I think is aim must have been off since he is a little out of practice it is not over 6 months probably nearer 7 by now I will have to cheek the books
Go to Top of Page

Dr Chop
Snake Mite

46 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2011 :  22:26:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I AM OUT. OUT I TELL YOU its been aboout 7 months since Norman last had a good meal did i say I AM OUT
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2011 :  23:03:19  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Grats Dr. Chop!

I'm in though with Scar, been about a month

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  23:31:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well its official I've joined this not so exclusive club lol, its been 10 days and two feeds or should I say two non feeds, Cerberus shows intrest for about five seconds then looks at me as if too say, wheres the good stuff you can't expect me to eat that ha ha,some of you might remember I post a couple of weeks ago thinking I might have been feeding him large mice instead of rat fuzzies as I thought, so since he's eaten everything I've given him (except the last two) I'm tempted to try a large mouse, I know I shouldn't cause I don't want him getting a taste for them but after seeing the size of rat fuzzies the pet shop I use has had in for the last two weeks, I'm almost certain he's already gotten a taste for the dreaded mouseies lol....

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.1.0 100% Het Clown "Cerberus" and "Artemis"
0.1.0 Poss Calico "Ariadne"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2011 :  23:58:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*hands up and waves * in the club , rite here , hello :) 2 missed feeds in 2 weeks for our royal zac . we havent had him that long tho so arent too worried , but im def IN lol

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

Dio
Yearling

United Kingdom
297 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2011 :  22:07:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks like i've joined this club too now. Dio refused his last 3 feeds and last ate on 17th April. Since then he's shed once and pooped twice. He keeps showing interest in the mice but then doesn't eat it. Yesterday he coiled as if he was going to strike but then decided not to and just slide over the mouse into his hide and then spent the rest of the evening with his head hanging out for the hide about 2cm away from the mouse just looking at it.

0.0.1 Royal Python (Dio)
0.1.0 Angora Cat (Blue)
Go to Top of Page

woodyofcastle
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  21:07:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes i am in the club (get in) my first royal a month in and the bloody thing wont eat
when i first had her i named her princess, now its TW@T

0.1 normal royal (2010)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  21:26:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chat her up nicely and she might just oblige!

How old is she? 4 weeks' fasting is nothing, for an adult, or a young snake settling in.

Tell her she's a GOOD girl, and your little Princess, and offer her a smaller prey item, nicely warmed. She'll get there.

Go to Top of Page

woodyofcastle
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  22:04:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am used to corn's and i have bred them...

this is my first royal.
i bought her 4 weeks ago and she is in a 9ltr RUB
when she did not feed for 2 weeks i rang the seller and he said she was always fussy, i do have her feeding record
but that can mean anything, the record starts from 8/11/10 and i believe she is ab out 2 months older than that.

he said assit feed her, i did that last week and she ate it, but i had to put the mouse fluff 's head down her throat.
i know this is wrong, and i wont do it again.

I am going to buy another 2 royals and try her first with the fluff and if she does not take it i will feed the others.

i do not disterb her only once a week to feed her, she prefers the cold side of her RUB, she comes out every night about 9pm and moves all over the place.
she just wont feed?

0.1 normal royal (2010)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  22:14:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Assist feeding isn't necessarily 'wrong', but maybe a bit premature in this case.

Just give her a bit of time - you're on the right track, giving her space and no disturbance. Her behaviour sounds pretty normal to me.

Believe me, she'll settle down and start feeding, bless her. All the best.

Go to Top of Page

woodyofcastle
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2011 :  22:22:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Assist feeding isn't necessarily 'wrong', but maybe a bit premature in this case.

Just give her a bit of time - you're on the right track, giving her space and no disturbance. Her behaviour sounds pretty normal to me.

Believe me, she'll settle down and start feeding, bless her. All the best.

thanks for the confidence BATS, i am just used to corns, throw anything at them and they eat it, i am sure princess will be the death of me lol, i am one of these people who really try to look after there pets, if i thought she would take a gol leaf mouse/rat i would buy one.

and i dont want her to die.

also in my real life i hate to waste food, so thats why i am going to by 1 or 2 more and give them pass me downs lol

0.1 normal royal (2010)
Go to Top of Page

woodyofcastle
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2011 :  19:09:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Weighed my royal today after yet another refuse, she is 75g and she is about 6 months old
i am getting really worried now

0.1 normal royal (2010)
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2011 :  19:19:02  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That's tiny. Has she fed before for you?

edit: sorry just read the above posts :)

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/

Edited by - Kelfezond on 15/05/2011 19:20:23
Go to Top of Page

woodyofcastle
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2011 :  19:34:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think i have been had, think i have been robbed, first royal i have bought and she is a none eater

0.1 normal royal (2010)
Go to Top of Page

stumpy
Yearling

United Kingdom
255 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2011 :  19:41:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That seems very very light, she should be alot heavier, its just mine is 8 months old and weighs 352 grams. Hope everything goes ok for you. Fingers crossed
Go to Top of Page

woodyofcastle
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2011 :  22:16:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stumpy

That seems very very light, she should be alot heavier, its just mine is 8 months old and weighs 352 grams. Hope everything goes ok for you. Fingers crossed

how long do you think she will last before she dies?
it looks like the only way she will feed is if she is force fed.

0.1 normal royal (2010)
Go to Top of Page

jhk2005
Yearling

United Kingdom
166 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2011 :  10:10:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'm in and out of this club like a yo-yo?! I get 2 of my non-feeders eating and then 2 more go off their food, so now have 4 of me little ones not eating, arrgh!! their weights are fine so will just keep an eye, wondering if it could be the drop in air temperature cos of the weather we've had lately? Have increased the mat temps to counteract it but i think its just 'watch this space' ;)

1.6.0 Normal Royals - Will, Grace, Lolly, Patty, Maddie, Mystique, Victoria
1.1.0 Pastel Royals - Becks, Sophie
0.1.0 Spider Royal - Charlotte
0.1.0 Mojave Royal - Mo
1.1.0 Yellowbelly Royals - Pinky, Perky
1.0.0 Pinstripe Royal - Pip
1.0.0 Bumblebee Royal - Buzz
1.0.0 Vanilla Royal - Vinnie
1.0.0 Lesser Royal - Leo
1.0.0 Cinnamon Royal - Sam
1.0.0 Burmese Python - Kane
0.1.0 Albino Burmese Python - Amber
1.0.0 Redfoot Tortoise - Chucky
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2011 :  12:19:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm stuck in the club still lol . He just teases me by sitting with his head inches away but never eats it

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

AddicksGlenn
Yearling

United Kingdom
388 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2011 :  17:28:29  Show Profile  Click to see AddicksGlenn's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'm in with Hera. She has been 2 months now without feeding, this following on from being a dustbin since i purchased her. Until 2 months ago she had only failed to eat twice both due to the rat bursting.
Oh well, i'm sure she'll eat when she's ready.
Montiiee and Trinity both fed last night, Trinity has now taken her last 7 feeds.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 23 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000