New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Margwar
Yearling

United Kingdom
211 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2011 :  10:22:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A friend of ours is interested in getting a corn snake (Booooooooooooooo)
Now, although we don't have any corn snakes, we offered to take some of our snakes around to show them as the woman wasn't very keen on the idea.
Kudos to the guy, he'd done his research, knew which snake he was interested in, had joined the Dark Side. Leaim warned him against that though!
Any way, we took Margwar, the gentle giant, he was so calm and relaxed. We also decided to take Storm, the now 8 month old Common Boa, she has a bit of an attitude, but our 4 month common is in shed.
They were both perfectly well behaved!
They got held, the woman eventually decided to hold Margwar and was completely taken by him!
Another Royal Python convert!!!!!
We took those two back and brought around 3 more in their RUBS to give them an idea of what can be done with RUBS.
Now, much against our better judgement we took Oreo, Pueblan Milk snake (The guy mentioned he was interested in a milk snake, but he has a 3-4 year old grandson and we thought a milk snake might be a bit too fast, so we took oreo to show that. True to form, oreo was very quick and they agreed it would be no good for the grandson.
We also took Piran who's in shed, to give them an idea of what they're like in shed. The grandson had turned up at this point and Piran was the perfect lady whilst she was handled by just about everyone in the house (Poor girl) the grandson didn't want to put her back, but he was persuaded eventually.
We also decided to Cormoran..... The devil snake, I wear leather gloves when handling her now. With her being an older king snake, we thought it would give a slightly better view of how corn's will grow (Better than showing them a Royal any way) Now, I was the only one who handled Cormoran, and she was a little gem! There were a few moments when she looked like she was going to bite me, but she was amazingly calm.

Now, long story short, the guy was set on getting a snake any way, but his wife was almost dead against it before we turned up, just before we left she actually said "I want both, a corn first then we can look at getting a Royal Python too"

I've e-mailed them to link to TheCornSnake, and sent them a link to Ians Vivarium as I know it has a large list of Corn snake morphs.

They guy used to own lizards when he was younger, and he's clued up, has read care sheets, ordered some books off amazon. And as they said, we're only around the corner, sorta 2 minute walk away.

I just cannot get over how well behaved the snakes were!
Storm usually swings at things, but she was so calm.
Cormoran, well, I'm amazed at her... I thought I'd have her hanging onto my glove for a while, but now, they were all the perfect snakes.

So, more new owners!
We warned them over the addiction that will follow, and I guess they're already getting there.

boomslang
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2025 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2011 :  11:28:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds like a lovely evening So what are they going to buy then?has your friend looked into other snakes? ie apart from the corn.

1.0.0 pinstripe Royal Python
1.0.0 Bumblebee Royal Python
1.0.0 Normal corn
1.0.0 Extreme red Hognose
0.1.0 Extreme red tiger Hognose
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
1.0.0 Piebald yemen
1.0.0 Tamatave panther
1.0.0 Quadricornis
Go to Top of Page

Margwar
Yearling

United Kingdom
211 Posts

Posted - 16/10/2011 :  12:10:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think they're going with a corn.
They've only got room for a 4 foot vivarium.
As I said they mentioned milks & kings, but I think the fact Cormoran can be bitey put them off a bit.
But we also mentioned sand boas and sent them some photos of ours. I'm going to e-mail them with some other options such as Hognose, House Snake, Trinket etc. We pointed them towards our local reptile shop and I'm sure they'll see something there that they like the look of!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000