New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2011 :  13:08:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So I was wondring can I use one mat stat to conrol one mat ? It's for the cresties that are in exo's next to each other . The stat wud be set with the probe in one exo and I wud have two thermometers one in each ? Could u do it ? And us a double plug ?
My house is dropping too cold see ?

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2011 :  13:19:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can do it as long as it doesn't exceed the stats maximum wattage load (usually 100Watts for matstats). The thing to remember is the stat under control is the one with the stat probe on it the other one is just going along for the ride, it should work perfectly if both mats are exactly the same. If there is a problem with the non probed mat though and it starts overheating the stat wont pick up on it though this is VERY VERY unlikely.

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2011 :  13:22:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm using a habistat mat , u will check the wattage of the one mat and see . Now the weather has dropped a lot colder and the fact that me n the missus are out all day I worry bout the temps dropping low and am a little bit brassic so wanted to do it abit cheaper till the end of the month see

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2011 :  13:27:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As long as the mats are the same size then it shouldn't be a problem, I've cheated I just put my crestie tub on top of the Royal viv using old encyclopedia volues to put enough distance between the viv and the tub so it doesn't get too hot. Its now holding a steady 21-22oC which does seem to be Harley's preferred temperature range.

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2011 :  13:28:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just looked at the question again, one mat, one stat is fine lol, I thoght you were asking one stat to control 2 mats. Or is that what you mean, I'm confused I think i'm still sleeping.

Edited by - Lotabob on 20/10/2011 13:29:41
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2011 :  13:29:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The lowest Im gettin is 18 when I wake up , but when the hearings on I get around 23-24 , so the mat has to be the same size also ?

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2011 :  13:33:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Two mats off one stat lol

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2011 :  13:39:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are using 2 (or more) mats on 1 stat then the mats have to be the same size and wattage (I would also say the same brand to ensure a greater similarity in performance), if they are a different size or wattage they wont keep the same temperature and there may be a diffeerence between brands too.

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2011 :  20:01:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Picked up another mat same size and make , gonna set it up in abit . It doesn't exceed the wattage , so fingers crossed it shud work . I will keep a close eye out to make sure the the other mat is safe , thanks for ur advice :)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000