Bloody cloaca after shed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

I-love-my-snakes
Snake Mite

Germany
21 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2011 :  12:03:17  Show Profile  Visit I-love-my-snakes's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi guys.

When I came home last night I saw that my 2010 male had shed.
I checked him as usual after shed and noticed that there were drops of blood in the are around his cloaca, as well as on the shedded skin:

I took some pics.
He popped out his hemipenes as if something was bugging him and I carefully pulled out some huge sperm plugs.

He is on paper towel now, no more fresh blood since last night, nothing is swollen, seems better now. Has anyone had that before?

boomslang
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2025 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2011 :  12:38:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was this just after a shed?as sometimes the shed can cause bleeding,where the old skin is pulled of around that area.

1.0.0 pinstripe Royal Python
1.0.0 Bumblebee Royal Python
1.0.0 Normal corn
1.0.0 Extreme red Hognose
0.1.0 Extreme red tiger Hognose
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
1.0.0 Piebald yemen
1.0.0 Tamatave panther
1.0.0 Quadricornis
Go to Top of Page

I-love-my-snakes
Snake Mite

Germany
21 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2011 :  13:22:35  Show Profile  Visit I-love-my-snakes's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, it was, thatīs why I wasnīt worrying too much, until somebody told me that this is too bloody to be just from shed...
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2011 :  18:06:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It does look a bit bloody but who is to say they all dont get a bit of blood and wipe it or its shifted by the onset of the usual massive poo just after/during. My Corn bleeds a bit as the shed pulls from his inverted hermipenes you can also see the double dots of blood on the shed itself. I may be wrong but it looks like a bit of retained shed there too, or something, have you gently cleansed the area with a damp piece of cotton wool? Might be worth while, blood always makes things look worse than they are.

Go to Top of Page

boomslang
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2025 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2011 :  19:42:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

It does look a bit bloody but who is to say they all dont get a bit of blood and wipe it or its shifted by the onset of the usual massive poo just after/during. My Corn bleeds a bit as the shed pulls from his inverted hermipenes you can also see the double dots of blood on the shed itself. I may be wrong but it looks like a bit of retained shed there too, or something, have you gently cleansed the area with a damp piece of cotton wool? Might be worth while, blood always makes things look worse than they are.

This,and the fact you looked just after the shed.Most notice abit of blood on the shed hours after,when the snake has had time to move about alot most likely wiping of any blood on them.

1.0.0 pinstripe Royal Python
1.0.0 Bumblebee Royal Python
1.0.0 Normal corn
1.0.0 Extreme red Hognose
0.1.0 Extreme red tiger Hognose
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
1.0.0 Piebald yemen
1.0.0 Tamatave panther
1.0.0 Quadricornis
Go to Top of Page

I-love-my-snakes
Snake Mite

Germany
21 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2011 :  21:37:23  Show Profile  Visit I-love-my-snakes's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I had wiped it off gently and today it looked almost normal, I guess it was the combination from the skin being irritated by the sperm plug stuck in there and the shed.

Thank you! :-)
Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 28/10/2011 :  22:36:20  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
it's great to know he is alright again

1.0.0 Common Boa - Revo CB13

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000