90 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  22:03:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"What's down here mum?" Helia shed a week ago and was in a curious mood

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  23:24:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can you refresh my memory as to what Helia is please, beautiful snake but what are you oh pretty snake.

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2011 :  23:28:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just remembered I think, that is a retic isn't it?

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2011 :  09:03:19  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
she is looking really nice
sure shes a super dwarf sunfire retic isnt she?? or is she just a dwarf sunfire??

1.2 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Hatchling

90 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2011 :  13:28:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She's a Sunfire Dwarf Retic :-) a little nippy still but oh-so-nosy!

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2011 :  14:33:52  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
she'll still get pretty big though wont she?? sure i heard that the dwarf retics will get around the 9-12ft, or will she get smaller??

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Hatchling

90 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2011 :  16:04:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

she'll still get pretty big though wont she?? sure i heard that the dwarf retics will get around the 9-12ft, or will she get smaller??

We were told around 9ft, she's a CB10 and approx 3 and a half to 4ft, couldn't measure her last shed properly due to mess

Females get bigger than males, I think they only reach 8ft, I think locality comes into it but I have no idea what hers is. She came from the Reptile Room so is part of the US's Prehistoric Pets line

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny

United Kingdom
2106 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2011 :  16:09:59  Show Profile  Click to see reptiledanny's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
So roughly what size viv will she be going in when fully grown???

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Hatchling

90 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2011 :  16:16:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They advised 4ft as they're slim, but we're going to make it an aboreal one to cause she likes to climb

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2011 :  18:28:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She is absolutely stunning!

Go to Top of Page

martinking6
Yearling

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  12:01:48  Show Profile  Click to see martinking6's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
She`s a bonny yet feisty girl by the sound of it, she still nippy ?

I am also finding with my burmese as each month passes you iron out one problem and then she finds another way to get you thinking again but its only whilst in the viv, my red tail gave me a good challenge to tame her down completely and is now tame enough to pass round to people, the burmese is seriously laid back once out of the viv but every now and then goes back a step or 2 when being lifted out of the viv but nothing major, getting better each month just a different pattern of behaviour lol

Can we have some pictures of her head pattern please, realy like her patterning

Martin

Got a lovely royal python called earl, a brazilian rainbow boa called zeus, a red tail cross boa constrictor called dorris and an albino burmese python called angel as well :-)
Go to Top of Page

Hatchling

90 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2011 :  08:09:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by martinking6

She`s a bonny yet feisty girl by the sound of it, she still nippy ?

I am also finding with my burmese as each month passes you iron out one problem and then she finds another way to get you thinking again but its only whilst in the viv, my red tail gave me a good challenge to tame her down completely and is now tame enough to pass round to people, the burmese is seriously laid back once out of the viv but every now and then goes back a step or 2 when being lifted out of the viv but nothing major, getting better each month just a different pattern of behaviour lol

Can we have some pictures of her head pattern please, realy like her patterning

Martin

Thanks Martin she caught my OH about 3 weeks ago but hasn't bitten for a while, but I think thats more that we're aware of her potentially trying! She loves being out, like your Burm, but gets a little frustrated at being put back. We can enter the viv most times now without a defensive response but sometimes she will still eyeball you! Glad your Burm is settling in, think both of these species are just that bit more intelligent and like to know where they stand with you.

Will try to get some more pics of her head for you

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2011 :  14:48:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have noticed that Royals appear more intelligent than dopey corns/kings etc, big Pythons are more intelligent than Royals, Boas are even more intelligent then top of the pile the retic! They look at you and you can see them working things out weighing up their options.

Go to Top of Page

martinking6
Yearling

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 16/11/2011 :  01:06:58  Show Profile  Click to see martinking6's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hiya

Bit of a new development with my burmese, she has started pestering me to come out of the viv recently, she`s spending 95% of her time out in the open rather than in a hide and usually she`s hanging around the front of the viv waiting to come out, even when she`s at the back of the viv within seconds of me opening the glass she`s over to were I am messing and getting involved like today I managed to get her swimming pool out before she realised I was in there but when I went back to the viv she was hanging out waiting for me, I then have to either take her out or hold her away as when am trying to put the tray back in the viv and fill it up she`s got her head in it, turning into a right nosey bugger with a lot of character :-)

She`s also loving it on the floor in the front room all over the place lol

Martin

Got a lovely royal python called earl, a brazilian rainbow boa called zeus, a red tail cross boa constrictor called dorris and an albino burmese python called angel as well :-)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000