Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  17:18:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, if you've been reading the classifieds you'll know that I've arranged to buy Louballs' boy, Brian, now known as Shiva (the god Shiva is traditionally depicted meditating with a snake round his neck - see link below - it's a cobra and you can see it hooding up next to his right ear.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Shiva_in_rishikesh.jpg

One of Shiva's name meanings is 'gracious' and Shiva's namesake certainly lives up to this ...charm? Royal pythons have loads of it but Shiva's a mega charmer. Totally confident!

He's an 09 cb normal import from the US and came from a very reputable reptile shop. He is absolutely gorgeous and my pics don't do him justice - will get better ones once he's settled in.

Here he is, giving me the eye ...

What's out here then??

He's not shy!

The fridge thermometer, by the way, is what I use to measure room temp, not viv temp.

Lou and her husband met all the gang, except Emily and Mouse, who were shy, and Ziska, trust her, showed off outrageously. I'm extremely reclusive (find it hard to talk to people unless it's about snakes lol) so Ziska isn't used to visitors - she watched us and hissed and tail rattled and inflated and deflated, making terrible faces ...not out of fear mind you. It's what she does to me when she wants attention! Lou and her husband were totally fascinated - sadly Zisk had dined yesterday and couldn't come out for a handle but she made up for it by putting on a floor show!

Thanks for looking.

And thank you again, Lou, for Shiva; he is totally gorgeous; Bats' Belfry has a new prince!

Evolution Morphs
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  17:27:21  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Lovely bats bet your over the moon with you new addition

Lovely name to ;)

now on facebook

Royal Pythons
http://www.facebook.com/EvolutionMorphs

Western Hognose
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  17:41:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks D3l, I am!

Go to Top of Page

chrisc
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
3326 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  18:05:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
congrats. hes quite inquisitive then

1.0.0 burmese python,giblet. 1.0.0 BCI, william. 0.1.0 blue tongue skink, 0.1.0 green iguana, jasmin, 1.0.0 cape house snake, 0.1.0 checkered garter snake

my youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/pegrocks
incubate 2 campaign
https://www.facebook.com/incubate2
Go to Top of Page

Ellie
Hatchling

United Kingdom
53 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  18:49:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gorgeous new boy BATS, congrats.

And Bambi is periscoping up at his picture on my laptop...I think she approves too

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  18:50:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Chris - he is! Definitely a bold lad; obviously I'm letting him settle in for the usual period but he's really laid back, a very cool character ...

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  18:52:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Ellie ...aww, if Bambi met him she'd fall in love ...he and Shahi are two handsome princes lol (well imo!)

Go to Top of Page

Ellie
Hatchling

United Kingdom
53 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  19:05:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Thanks Ellie ...aww, if Bambi met him she'd fall in love ...he and Shahi are two handsome princes lol (well imo!)

I bet she would!! She's far too little to be falling in love and starting a family though so I won't go encouraging her! (Although having just weighed her she is gaining weight nicely...very proud of her!)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  20:00:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aw bless, good lass, I bet you are; it's great when they feed well and pile on the weight.

Go to Top of Page

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  20:10:42  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
he's stunning!!!! what a gorgeous boy, love the name change too...although i loved the name Brian too! he looks a very happy and settled boy already :D but what snakie wouldn't be at BATS Belfry!

0.0.1 Carolina Corn Snake- Sanchez
0.0.1 Anery Corn Snake- Betty
1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Chancho

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  20:16:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww, thanks Mystra - have to confess I kept calling him Brian too. (I did check with Lou beforehand if it was ok to change his name.)

Yes, most snakes are a bit subdued in a new home but he really wasn't, he was full of himself; he's asleep now - but then so are the rest of the Belfry lol - well apart from Mouse the cat who hid from visitors and who is now zooming around making a nuisance of herself ...owwwooowwwwoooowwwwow!

That cat is ...well ...bats ...

Edited by - n/a on 08/11/2011 20:17:42
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  21:15:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww hello Shiva AKA Brian (only the coolest snakes have an AKA).

Go to Top of Page

GMac
Grumpy scots admin

United Kingdom
1152 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  21:17:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking good BATS, nice one

Royals, Corns, Boa, Kings, Hoggy, Ratsnakes

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  21:37:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys!

He's not in his own setup here but once there's been a bit of a move-round he will be, but had a nice warm temporary setup for him to go into and he's got his personal hides in there ...he took it all in his stride, a truly lovely boy.

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2011 :  23:11:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well it is always best to quarantine a new snake even if you know the origin its a 'just in case' measure. I've neevr quarantined before but if I get any more I will be after reading horror stories about whole collections getting ill.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2011 :  01:22:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's on his own in the back bedroom; Buffy (who was the only snake in there) kindly lent him her viv until I get help to move furniture about and install his viv. Plus I intend to install infra red (light bulb) in his own viv before he returns to it and haven't even ordered the gear yet. So, in effect, I suppose he is 'quarantined'. But he looks to be in the best of health to me.

Edited by - n/a on 09/11/2011 12:42:44
Go to Top of Page

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2011 :  11:50:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done you I'm pretty sure he won't want for anything especially attention lol although with all your snake walkies your not going to have much time for anything else, It's a good job you don't go out much, oh and nearly forgot he's lovely

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.1.0 100% Het Clown "Cerberus" and "Artemis"
0.1.0 Poss Calico "Ariadne"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2011 :  12:12:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Reptilemadd - yeah my snakes provide me with my social life lol and it's great to have another royal personage in the house.

I went to say good morning to him and found he'd already learned one of the local customs - a nice little pile, urates mainly, dumped at the front of the viv. The lad is definitely going to fit in at Bats' Belfry!

Go to Top of Page

missycupcake
Yearling

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2011 :  14:30:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww bats hes a beauty :) bet your so pleased you got him x

cb10 royal female

cb08 royal male
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2011 :  15:04:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Missy - I am indeed - and it was great to meet Lou and her husband - first time I've met anyone from this forum; it's so brilliant to meet like-minded people and I feel honoured that they trust me with Shiva.

Go to Top of Page

missycupcake
Yearling

United Kingdom
212 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2011 :  16:55:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww thats sweet , i bet there glad you have him , and deffo id love to eventually meet more people off here but for now kelf will do lol

cb10 royal female

cb08 royal male
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000