New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

curiouslyfacinated
Yearling

United Kingdom
156 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2011 :  21:44:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

he looks so lovely and is so beautiful but my heart beats so loud i can hear it when i handle him. how do i get the nerves to go away?

1.0.0 Normal Royal Python Loki
1.1.0 Cats Daisy and Benson

Edited by - curiouslyfacinated on 11/12/2011 22:38:51

mystra
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
590 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2011 :  22:02:44  Show Profile  Visit mystra's Homepage  Reply with Quote
aww, he looks such a sweetie!

As for your nerves, don't fret about it - the more you worry about being nervous, the more nervous you'll be. Give it time and you will soon be handling him and feeling relaxed (royals are super for just chilling out on the sofa with and relaxing!)

I was nervous when i got my first snakie - even though i've never had a phobia or anything, but i was shaking holding my baby corn, and my heart was in my mouth! Scared she would run off, or i'd drop her and of course the excitement of it all!

Just give yourself time :D then you'll wonder what you were ever worried over :)

PS LOL at the first pic.... he looks like he has a tiny man on his back!!!!

0.0.1 Carolina Corn Snake- Sanchez
0.0.1 Anery Corn Snake- Betty
1.0.0 Normal Royal Python - Chancho

SE London - Canada Water
Go to Top of Page

curiouslyfacinated
Yearling

United Kingdom
156 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2011 :  22:21:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it does look like that lol. it is just the picture on the porridge oats box that is his hide.

when i first picked him up he jumped and pulled his head back a couple of times and so i jumped out of my skin but then he settled on my wrist and just stayed there for ages. i was worried about trying to unwind him to put him away so i just put my arm in his faun and he just slid off.

1.0.0 Normal Royal Python Loki
1.1.0 Cats Daisy and Benson
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2011 :  23:13:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aww he is a beauty - yes, I was like Mystra, and with corns as well, I used to shake like a leaf when I had to do anything for them because they were so tiny and fast; I was terrified of losing them or doing something wrong, but you do get used to them and eventually you'll forget about being nervous. When I got Shahi, my first royal, he was so tiny he could curl up on the palm of my hand ...and I seriously wondered if he'd bite lol. I was totally in awe of him ...before I realised royals are - apart from feeding time of course - totally soppy.

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Yearling

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  10:25:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Loki is beautiful xx

3.2 cornsnakes 0.1 mexican black kingsnake 1.0 albino californian kingsnake 1.0 pueblan milksnake
1.0 western hognose 1.0 vip t+ albino blood python 1.0 royal python 0.1 hog island boa
Go to Top of Page

venommum2011
Yearling

United Kingdom
123 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  16:42:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the advice above is correct, I was like that with Merlin to begin with but now I have no nerves with him in fact it might do me good if he did warn me as I've become very complacent with him although I am nervous with my elder python Crystal since she struck me and I'm back at sometimes having to wear gloves with her, i'm just scared of the RP teeth lool, my kind hatchling bites yet he dont bother me coz he doesnt hurt lool

mum to:

5 corns, Blitz, Scooby and Arney, Casper and Kat
4 Royal Pythons Merlin (aka Destiny but has sex change)Crystal, Mims and Marvin.
2 King Snakes called Princess Nipper and Prince.
1 Dwarf Boa called Willow
1 Hognose called Catapiller.
Taz our Bearded Dragon.
Three dogs, Smurfe, JRT x Staff, Buster a Staff and Milly our Yellow Lab.
One cat called Banoffee.
Four human babies, Joanna 6 yrs old and Harleigh 3 yrs old, Charlie 12yrs and Jacob 17yrs.
[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com][/URL]

Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  20:15:41  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What a lovely royal

1.0.0 Common Boa - Revo CB13

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000