New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MarkSue
Hatchling

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  18:24:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got in from work today to be hit with the worse smell iv ever smelt ...On investigation it was coming from one of the viv`s .

Obivously i could only check 1 at a time so started at the top (murphy`s viv) all was fine, murphy was mooching about, having a bath actually

Next up was carlos, my MBK....As soon as i opened his viv it hit me, man the smell was rotten. That was when my heart sank,,,,he was`nt moving....
I slowly pulled all his hide`s and stuff out and gently picked him up.

Yaaaay he was sleeping

but he did`nt eat his dinner last night and had hid it on the heat mat under some aspen ..It was the smell of cooking rodent

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  19:05:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Urrgh!!!

Saada once did that to me - struck and took and then played with her food and finally left it...the smell is just ....!!!

My poor old tomcat (retired) got told off for stinking out the bathroom cat tray (well, he does!) before I twigged what had happened. I knew it wasn't a regurge because the back end of the rat was all mauled and covered in snake spit and the front end was dry ...I always lift the hide up if they've eaten in private now, and make sure the rat's in the snake and not still in the viv.

An unforgettable experience - you have my sympathies!

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  19:39:53  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ugh this always happens to me, horrible stuff!
I still remember the first feeding session of my 34 baby boa's the next day I came into the room and got hit by the smell of about 20 uneaten rodents and a good 8 regurgetated rodents. Yuuuuck

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  20:12:05  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ow, lol that's why i like live feeding ...

1.0.0 Common Boa - Revo CB13

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page

MarkSue
Hatchling

United Kingdom
99 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  20:35:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can still taste the smell if you know what i mean,,he will now be fed outside the viv. I did think he`d passed away though.

Go to Top of Page

Mamma
Yearling

United Kingdom
140 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2011 :  21:34:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aaaaah bless. Glad hes ok. I know what you mean by the taste of the smell in your mouth. Bleurrrrgh

3.2 cornsnakes 0.1 mexican black kingsnake 1.0 albino californian kingsnake 1.0 pueblan milksnake
1.0 western hognose 1.0 vip t+ albino blood python 1.0 royal python 0.1 hog island boa
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000