New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

koreybum
Hatchling

United Kingdom
88 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2011 :  10:07:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ive had many problems with feeding over the years, main problem being my royal just wont eat rats. but he now seems too have settled on gerbils, and i just wondered if i'm ok 2 just carry on feeding him 1 gerbil a week, will that be enough for him and are gerbils as good to eat as say a rat would be?

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2011 :  11:58:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, from what I gather, gerbils are just as nutritious as rats - in fact in the wild, gerbils will probably form part of the royal's diet. They don't grow as big as rats; you might have to feed two eventually, but I reckon he'll be fine. Hope he goes on eating for you.

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2011 :  18:06:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All nutrition info aside, eating is better than not eating. Gerbils will surely be a part of a Royals wild diet, in fact anything they can overpower is probably on the menu. I bet they cost you a pretty penny so I'd say money would be the only reason you'd want to get onto rats/mice but if money is no issue then you have a feeding Royal.

Go to Top of Page

koreybum
Hatchling

United Kingdom
88 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2011 :  19:12:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
£3 a gerbil but with all the trouble ive had with him eating, £3 a week dont seem to bad. does anyone know how old they are when the royals stop growing?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000