Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

viperflea
Hatchling

United Kingdom
51 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2012 :  17:46:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys...
just a quick update, been trying Monty with medium mice for 7 weeks now with no luck, he wasnt interested in eating...tonight i tried him with a small mouse and 'wham' first strike since ive had him...i know its a little thing but its really made my day. Made me jump though lol.

Viperflea

ROYAL PYTHON - Monty

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2012 :  18:05:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL - congrats - it's so good when they eat the first time with you, and you did the right thing, trying him with a smaller prey - often find that works well with snakes who haven't eaten for a while. Oh boy isn't it good when they strike??

How old is he, though, as it may well be normal for an adult/young adult royal to fast at this time of year, though always good when they have an occasional meal, as they will.

Also could be a good idea to try him with a rat next time, a small or medium weaner - but, if he's fasting, could be a few weeks before he eats again. But very very good that he's now got some grub inside him, again congrats!

Go to Top of Page

viperflea
Hatchling

United Kingdom
51 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2012 :  18:10:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A small rat was gonna be my next attempt if he didnt take the small mouse, im still smiling and he looks so content. He's 5 months old, ive sorted out an SD card now for my camera so im gonna post some pics just as soon as i can. Im a happy python owner now and i'm pleased the viv and environment must be ok...ill stop panicking now :-)

Viperflea

ROYAL PYTHON - Monty
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000