Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  20:51:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.888reptiles.co.uk/productsubcategories.php?SubCategoryID=205

these are good prices...just top up with some thing else to get free p&p...

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  20:53:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dazb

http://www.888reptiles.co.uk/productsubcategories.php?SubCategoryID=205

these are good prices...just top up with some thing else to get free p&p...

ahh yes it is the second one i had for my beardies i think, it was amazing! an alarm went off if the temp dropped or rose :) came in quite handy when the sun shone on the viv...
Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  20:54:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
right off to give Ra his bath ;) let u all know how it goes in a bit
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  20:55:30  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.888reptiles.co.uk/productdetails.php?ProductID=1832&ProductGroupID=932

Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  20:58:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
was just about to post the same piers...lol

thats one i use...cant knock it....

I think the only difference between between habistat an MC is the five year guarantee you get with Habistat. its only 1 year with MC.

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  20:59:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am a genius :) i used the kids digital thermometer to take the bath waters temp lol :)
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  21:18:00  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Genius

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  22:11:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
okay really really important question here, i hope someone is still online LOL. given him his bath (more on that later) about 2 layers of skin has litterally just fallen off, im in the process if wiping the rest off, but i am 100% certain he does have retained eyecaps. step by step what is the best way to hold him (still lol) and wipe them off?
Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  22:13:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh and this is how im sure: ragged skin litterally right around the eyeball, plus when he was in the bath, his eyes blistered up, he looked like one of them goggle eyed fish
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  22:52:48  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like the bath has done him the world of good, might be worth doing it every other day for a week or 2 until you think he has cleared up. I would see if he gets rid of the eye caps himself now that you will have softened them. If they don't come off next time then help him.

Another way of helping him shed the skin is to put him in a pillow case for an hour with some damp shredded paper or a damp towel and a couple of rough rocks or bark etc.

Congrats on the progress so far, any pics?

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  22:55:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i got pics of him in the bath... he only went to tag me once bless him i thought that was quite good of him all things considering! bear with me i'll sort out the pics
Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2009 :  23:24:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

i hope these dont come out too big, cos i dont know how to resize them :s
Go to Top of Page

wohic
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  00:04:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thats a sight for sore eyes cat, that bath will have done him the world of good, you doing really well hon xxxxxxxxx
Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  00:10:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks :D i couldn't work out if he was enjoying it or not though, he was tearing around then chilling out and posing, then tearing around again, then i popped a towel in the middle of the water and he went and laid out on top as i sort of stroked him down with a towel which i think he seemed to enjoy, it was only when i went to take him out that decided to try to bite me LOL i'll keep an eye on him, maybe give him another tomorrow night of the day after, it really has helped a lot already, it's just his eyes im worried about now
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  05:44:09  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Are the bits in the bath the excess skin? - I bet he feels a lot better after that!

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  07:40:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blackecho

Are the bits in the bath the excess skin? - I bet he feels a lot better after that!

some of it is, most of it is substrate and moss that found it'ts way in on the pillow case i used to transfer him, as i didnt want to handle him too much.
oh, his eyes are no longer milky this morning!
does this mean: 1) his eyecaps are gone
or 2) he didnt have eyecaps and he's getting ready to shed?
Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  08:45:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i bet that he feels alot better now

if his eyes are cleared up he will shed within a week or so now. A sucessful shed will sort any retained eye caps out and remove them. From wot i understand retained eye caps can look normal apart from the rough edges and some times they get dinted so they may still be there.

He has a very busy couple of days, if it was me i would try and leave him for 24-48hrs to settle and have a rest.

Go to Top of Page

Paulusworm
Fully Grown Royal

Azerbaijan
1550 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  08:53:49  Show Profile  Click to see Paulusworm's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Aaaw, bless 'im. Looks like he enjoyed that. He looks a natural at that swimming lark. Sherman does the same when he's having a swim. Absolute Taz moment then chills for a bit. Sometimes we put a sponge in there and he puts his chin on it while bobbing around .

Go to Top of Page

MissCat
Fully Grown Royal

1971 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  08:59:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it was a lot of fun watching him, and he certainly does seem a bit happier now, he was sliding aver some of his wood last night after the bath, over and over, i think he was trying to rub off a large bit of skin that was hanging off (i didnt want to keep rubbing at that bit as it was still quite stuck on) then he disappeared back into his moss hide. he popped his head out this morning to say his usual hello, now he's gone back in. i'll check on him tonight and see how he is, but leave him be apart from that. :D
Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  10:53:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they are great pics , it sounds like he is feeling better already , your doing great with him , and it is great reading this thread to follow his progress...

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000