Now what have I landed myself with?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2012 :  23:46:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is my secondhand viv, freshly setup, and its new occupant ...

Shadrach the sociable!

Trouble is, the viv's right next to my armchair ...

...And he wants to come out! In his own way, he's as militant as Ziska, although he rarely displays the famous pit temperament. Although his feeding response is phenomenal; I replaced his water dish just after he'd eaten, and he thought it was another mouse coming, and nipped me. A mouse is a mouse, even when it's a finger! And when I put him into a box before shifting his belongings into his new apartment, he was so cross that he tail rattled. But usually all he wants is to chill out on my hand ...

Got his way ...for the third time tonight!

I'm fascinated by the way pits change colour and pattern halfway down.

Trouble is, this could go on all night ...and every night.I have a feeling someone's going to be monopolising my time and attention in a big way in future ...

Thanks for looking!

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2012 :  00:22:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey bats , hes such a cutie!! lovely looking boy and it looks like hes gona get his way all of the time :D

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

chrisc
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
3326 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2012 :  06:19:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cool pics, bet he loves his new home.
live the coulour change from black to red to black again, my bulls are very similar but have a white/cream background colour compared to the pines/gophers
the little female likes to wrap around my hand like that, the male likes to explore all over the place

1.0.0 burmese python,giblet. 1.0.0 BCI, william. 0.1.0 blue tongue skink, 0.1.0 green iguana, jasmin, 1.0.0 cape house snake, 0.1.0 checkered garter snake

my youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/pegrocks
incubate 2 campaign
https://www.facebook.com/incubate2
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2012 :  12:40:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys ...I've got a right one here, I think! He was still out exploring (or should that be imploring?) hours later - I'm glad I fixed a lip of melamine at each side of the viv window so that he can't work at the glass edge and rub his nose.

The pics are lousy, Chris, I'm afraid - there's no red on him - he's all shades of sepia and fawn and dark brown - I must try and take better pics of his colouration. Ziska's chestnut and terracotta and darkest brown - her head's all shiny like a conker ...do love all the variations of pits' colours.

Just at the moment there's no sign of him - I reckon he's worn out lol. Hope he settles down a bit - with three nagging cats and two pits banging at their viv windows, life's going to be hectic in Bats' belfry!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000