New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Regalmatt
Hatchling

United Kingdom
60 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2012 :  14:28:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ive had suki for about 4 weeks now, I was told she was 4 years old, she's just under4ft long when at a stretch, I've just weighed her and the scales are reading at 990g, now I've checked the graph(which only goes to 36 months) and going by that she's very under weight! But to look at her she doesn't look skinny? I'm worried now. Please help.

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2012 :  14:40:36  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nothing to be worried about. The graph mainly shows our royals which we keep on a strict health diet. Snakes grow depending on their food source she obviously just had a rather small diet it shouldn't do her any real harm just means she's grown a lot slower than she could be. If her spine isn't protruding against her back then she's just small not malnourished :)

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

Regalmatt
Hatchling

United Kingdom
60 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2012 :  14:47:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheers Kelf, that's what I wanted to hear! I do know she has been a problem feeder in the past. Can I attemp to 'bulk' her up a bit?
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2012 :  14:49:22  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You can but you don't really have any need to, I'd just stick to the regular feeding method of feeding 10%-15% of her bodyweight :)

Go to Top of Page

Regalmatt
Hatchling

United Kingdom
60 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2012 :  14:53:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool, cheers, I'll do that... Although she refused a meal a couple of days ago.
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2012 :  14:56:49  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That's okay she's a royal, they're basically designed to refuse meals :P

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2012 :  16:14:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I got my cf09 girl in Nov '10, she weighed 300g. Good little eater, just a small snake. She had been well looked after but came from a pet supermarket chain who had advised her owner on feeding what I call a 'shop maintenance diet' ie not quite as much as I'd feed my snakes.

Now, at almost 3, she weighs 770g empty. She came out for weighing today and is a nice plump royal. Just on the small side.

Yes, as Kelf says, no need to worry unless your girl is obviously underweight.

Go to Top of Page

chrisc
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
3326 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2012 :  16:54:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
when i got derek whos 4 yrs old and about 4 1/2ft he was 1100g so not that much more then yours. he is now 1430g, been feeding 10-15% of body weight rule. will be changing to 2 week feeding now hes this weight

1.0.0 burmese python,giblet. 1.0.0 BCI, william. 0.1.0 blue tongue skink, 0.1.0 green iguana, jasmin, 1.0.0 cape house snake, 0.1.0 checkered garter snake

my youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/pegrocks
incubate 2 campaign
https://www.facebook.com/incubate2
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000