Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Stewy-C-
Yearling

United Kingdom
103 Posts

Posted - 16/01/2012 :  21:05:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys and Gals

As wrote in my introduction, my royal was bought as a none feeder. I have tried all the normal methods of feeding, but I ended up having to assist her (with relative ease). She took each one better each time. About a month ago she went blue and give me a nice clean shed.

Problem is, since she went blue she will not take an assist at all. She was still very small before her shed, but has lost roughly 15% of her overall empty weight.

She now weighs only 96 grams and I feel trying her with a live mouse is now necessary. Obviously I am then faced with the problem of converting her onto freshly killed, and the frozen thawed, but I have researched this, and think this is Maizeys best option.

No reptile shop in my area, or surrounding area will sell me one :s Which is confusing under the sercumstances.

Will anyone who breeds them in the Northwest (preferably Liverpool) be willing to sell me one?

Almost forgot, Temps and husbandry are all as perfect as I could make it, with money playing no factor in the well being of my snakes.

Hope someone can help,
Thank You for reading,
Stewy

1.0 Spider Royal
0.1 Pastel Royal
0.1 Snow Corn
"The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about"
"On the internet you can be anything you want, its strange that so many people choose to be stupid"

marc_sg
Yearling

United Kingdom
160 Posts

Posted - 16/01/2012 :  21:16:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my mate had this problem and he cone up with breeding his own mice. now i buy my supplies off him and if his resuse to eat hes got no worry in trying other options. if that gives you any ideas. the law states that shop are not allowed to sell live stock as food but they can give it away. with my local rep shop if i asked on the quite they would sell me what i needed it maybe that they dont want to be seen breaking laws.

0.1.0 ghost (silva)
1.1.0 diffused/bloodreds (scarlet and samson)

0.1 ghost bloodred pied corn
1.0 ghost bloodred het pied
1.0 staffy x beagle
0.1 staffy
0.1 pinstripe royal
Go to Top of Page

blackskull
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 16/01/2012 :  21:34:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
have you tried looking in the classifieds for people selling mice? you don't need to tell them your reason for wanting one

i had to feed my first royal live but it only took one to kick her into eating thawed

1.1 normal royal, sully, silver
0.1 pinstripe royal, penny
1.1 pastel royal, lars, clover
0.1 lesser royal, serenity
0.1 black pastel royal, betty
0.1 mojave royal, mavis
0.1 normal het clown
1.0 pastel het clown
1.0 nuclear, ned
1.0 super phantom
1.0 childrens python, myles
0.1 hog island boa
0.1 sonoran x boa, grace
0.0.1 mack snow leopard gecko, munchkin
4.1 cats, stan, dave, marble, binx, daisy
4.1 rabbits, mol, ted, bill, spud, alice
0.1 crazy cat/bunny lady of bridgwater, lucy
Go to Top of Page

Evolution Morphs
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 16/01/2012 :  21:35:10  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have tryed tryed brainning them
Or
Heating them up
With a hair dryer
Or
What I do all the time is dip there head in boiling hot water then dab with a towel and wait to cool down abit then offer

If you were nearer I'd let you have one as I breed my own rats and mice but your like 160 miles away

Take a look on the dark side for food your end and good luck with it buddy

now on facebook

Royal Pythons
http://www.facebook.com/EvolutionMorphs

Western Hognose

Edited by - Evolution Morphs on 16/01/2012 21:36:19
Go to Top of Page

Stewy-C-
Yearling

United Kingdom
103 Posts

Posted - 16/01/2012 :  21:47:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

Thank You for your replies.

I didn't want to go down the breeding road, as this would only be a temporary measure. I don't want her eating live for any longer than necessary. From what I've read alot go from live to F/T pretty quick, so breeding them may be a drastic measure for the time being.

Unfortunatly my main two suppliers are heavily against live feeding. They don't breed their own snake's, so maybe don't understand the situation fully.

I am thinking of sending a friend in for me, but would much prefer obtaining one from a breeder. I would rather feed one that was bred for the purpose, not as an intended pet.

Thank You
Stewy

1.0 Spider Royal
0.1 Pastel Royal
0.1 Snow Corn
"The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about"
"On the internet you can be anything you want, its strange that so many people choose to be stupid"
Go to Top of Page

Stewy-C-
Yearling

United Kingdom
103 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2012 :  21:42:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi peeps,

Today I went to two local pet shops to buy a mouse.

The first shop wouldn't sell me one unless I bought the full set up from them, and the second wanted to see my set up before they would sell it to me.

I'm willing to drive around an hour to pick one up if anyone has any.

Thanks
Stewy

1.0 Spider Royal
0.1 Pastel Royal
0.1 Snow Corn
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000