Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Off Royal
 Other Pythons
 so whats ur opinions on the U.S python ban ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2012 :  17:47:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

not sure if this thread or somthing similar has been done , but i wanted to hear peoples opinions and thoughts on it and share this video that i came across on Youtube .

To be honest they want to make the ban stating that burms are taking over the everglades , however , by putting the ban into place , its not actually sloving the problem . Take a look at this vid and see what u think...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9CKXA3N5GAQ

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2012 :  17:59:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, Chrisc has a thread over on royal python posts - but no harm in starting another thread here.

I'm not great on politics but personally I believe it's a witch hunt and down to the inevitable prejudice against snakes. Frankly I'd be more nervous of the alligators if I was in Florida.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gaPK3tuOkA (no graphic content.)

BUT - by passing laws like this and making it harder to own a large snake, what is going to happen?

Irresponsible owners are going to take the easy way out and fly-tip their snakes here there and everywhere.

This law is going to create the situation it claims it will prevent ...

Edited by - n/a on 19/01/2012 18:06:15
Go to Top of Page

chrisc
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
3326 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2012 :  18:25:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
they should have gone with microchipping an records of the animals etc, much cheaper than rounding up an killing the poor snakes an incriminating the good owners while the bad once will carry on regardless.
plus many of them escaped during that hurricane.
buy signing the bill they will cause the loss of 100s if not 1000s of jobs and damaging a multi million dollar reptile trade

1.0.0 burmese python,giblet. 1.0.0 BCI, william. 0.1.0 blue tongue skink, 0.1.0 green iguana, jasmin, 1.0.0 cape house snake, 0.1.0 checkered garter snake

my youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/pegrocks
incubate 2 campaign
https://www.facebook.com/incubate2
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2012 :  18:47:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree chris and bats, my two pence worth on the whole ban thing is , why not make people have a licence to hold the top 5 ? they do it with hots , dwa so why not with large snakes ? would stop people totally inexperienced gettin their hands on something thats tiny and cute as a baby and the potential to grow huge and get dumped when they cant cope ?

Surely the ban isnt actually going to affect what happening in the everglades ? If people are banned taking snakes across state lines , for example people that already own a large burm are moving house for work related issues , they cant take the snake , cant sell the snake and of course there are rules about zoo's not being able to take then snakes on , what happens then ?
Apparently they want to add 9 other snakes to this list as soon as possible....which to me is crazy as they are trying to deal with the burm crisis in the everglades....how does the other snakes come into this ?

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2012 :  18:54:31  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
They can still sell the snakes in their state just not across state lines, not good enough for a business but okay for people who need to move.

the whole law is absurd, the latest video i've watched about it said something about sna tests showing that most of the everglades burms were from the hurricane inncident and the 'people dumping big pets' is blown out of proportion.

and yes royal pythons are on the list to be looked at in future. Madness

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2012 :  19:06:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it is crazy , i think wat worries me , is if our gouvernment then start following suit , its madness to be honest :(

Go to Top of Page

JanieW

United Kingdom
2279 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2012 :  19:25:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bans placed in the past just moves the business underground where its impossible to keep track of.

Here in the UK its illegal to carry hand guns, knives even a buckled belt that can be unfastened within a certain amount of seconds.
Has it stopped shootings, stabbings and the like?

Like already stated the only people that will be effected is the genuine snake enthusiasts and they aren't the problem.

I'm just sick of those in power that do nothing except impose bans and laws that just effect the law abiding citizen!

Peoples Of Middle Earth:
Bert (Staffy) , named after Tolkien's stone Troll
Popeye, African Grey
Gimli (Son Of Gloin), Baby Beardie
Slinky, Baby Royal Python
Fëanor..Baby Mexican Common Boa
Casper 2011 Male Ghost Corn Snake **RIP**
Hoard of Orcs (Dubia Roach Colony)
Pearl & Ivory--African Giant Albino Land Snails
Ra, Taiwanese Beauty Snake
Henry, Western Hognose *Missing*
Pippin, Coastal X Diamond Carpet Python
Elanor, Pastel Royal
Timmy, Western Hognose
Flake, Calico male royal, Eowyn, Arabesque Boa
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2012 :  19:25:32  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I don't think our government will folllow suit that's pretty mad the US have done it but for britain to do the same they'd need to play on the 'they're dangerous' side instead.

we will however see some strange price changes when the us bans start taking effects on breeders.

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

boomslang

United Kingdom
2025 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2012 :  20:33:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JanieW

Bans placed in the past just moves the business underground where its impossible to keep track of.

Here in the UK its illegal to carry hand guns, knives even a buckled belt that can be unfastened within a certain amount of seconds.
Has it stopped shootings, stabbings and the like?

Like already stated the only people that will be effected is the genuine snake enthusiasts and they aren't the problem.

I'm just sick of those in power that do nothing except impose bans and laws that just effect the law abiding citizen!

I used to shoot,and the only people it stopped was law abiding people.

Was also a ban on most antique firearms after 1880 or something,Not aloud to own alot of antique firearms here,due to caliber size etc.

Never has there been a collector shooting people with his £5000 plus antique gun.
knives etc same deal,but to much to go into.

1.0.0 pinstripe Royal Python
1.0.0 Bumblebee Royal Python
1.0.0 Normal corn
1.0.0 Extreme red Hognose
0.1.0 Extreme red tiger Hognose
1.1.0 yemen chameleons
1.0.0 Piebald yemen
1.0.0 Tamatave panther
1.0.0 Quadricornis
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic