Shadow update
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

paulie78
Hatchling

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2012 :  13:13:39  Show Profile  Click to see paulie78's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote

Hi guys thanks again for all your help Shadows seemingly settling in ok ive noticed a few times hes had his head poking out of his hide just laying on the floor which im told means hes feeling secure ive only handed him when hes made a mess and offered him his first rat weaner last night (first with me at least) he struck twice missing it then was disninterested for a few mins then eventually became interested again and took it lol i have another question sorry..when the breeder bought him to me he highly reccomended pulse stats nearly everyone i know who keeps royal uses pulse stats im more than happy to buy one but am wondering if its ok to just use the habistat on/off model ive been using up till now are pulse stats ok for use with mats or better suited to bulbs ? if a pulse stats the way to go then ill happily buy one i want to do the best by my snake

Anyway heres a few pics from last night

"Don't put your trust in revolutions. They always come around again. That's why they're called revolutions. People die, and nothing changes."..Terry Pratchett

reptilemadd
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
969 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2012 :  14:47:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A mat stat is fine but people say a pulse stat keeps the temps better, but if you've had no problems with the stat you're using I'd leave it alone, as the saying goes if it's not broke don't fix It lol

Nice pics by the way he's looking great

1.0.0 beardie "magic"
1.1.0 100% Het Clown "Cerberus" and "Artemis"
0.1.0 Poss Calico "Ariadne"
1.0.0 Lesser " Kronos"

Edited by - reptilemadd on 30/01/2012 14:48:55
Go to Top of Page

JamesA
Hatchling

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2012 :  16:09:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Really nice pics there!

I have an on/off mat stat for the mat under Charlie's faun. The temp swings by a couple of degrees, but thats expected, and fine. Ive just finished kitting out a 3 foot viv for him with a ceramic heat bulb and a pulse stat and the temp is rock solid, never moves from a constant 32.2.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2012 :  16:21:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great pics - good lad, taking his rat!

Yeah, I wouldn't buy a pulse stat just for a mat, but they are definitely the best for keeping temps steady. I got an old one thrown in with some second hand kit and I can't believe how efficient it is. I run it with a ceramic (you can't use them with IR bulbs as the bulbs would flash on and off all the time.) But the mat stats I use with mats for my 2 smallest corns are fine.

Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Hatchling

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2012 :  20:06:07  Show Profile  Click to see paulie78's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info guys well what ill probably do is if/when i move him into a viv consider swapping to a ceramic bulb and then invest in a pulse stat appreciate you guys replys thanks again

"Don't put your trust in revolutions. They always come around again. That's why they're called revolutions. People die, and nothing changes."..Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Lorraine
Yearling

United Kingdom
480 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2012 :  22:56:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fabulous pics. He looks super.

1.0.0 CB11 Normal Royal, Oscar.
1.0.0 German Shepherd, Bailey.

Still lots to learn.
Go to Top of Page

paulie78
Hatchling

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2012 :  23:46:32  Show Profile  Click to see paulie78's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks lorraine im reallly pleased with him hes awesome

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000