New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2012 :  18:16:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Well i think im mite free thank god! Today i have spent arranging my two vivs as i couldnt handle seeing the sterile look of them any longer! Took some snaps and have now left them both to settle in .

Lexi's viv first

"ooooh whats in here!?"

Now this is Rudi's viv , shes just been moved out of her faun and this is a 30x15x18 so we will see how she goes and settles as it may be abit big but ive packed it out for her .

"wow im up high!!"

You have to love dunhelm for their plants , and my gardener friend who got the apple wood for me which we stripped and sanded! Feel very happy and like to see the vivs looking nice in the living room .

Only problem is i have an empty faun now.......

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

JanieW
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2279 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2012 :  18:29:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They look great Laws..and don't you just love the way Boas look into everything LOL
Rudi doesn't look in the least overwhelmed, looks like she loves it :)

I really want to move Fea into a viv, he loves roosting, proves that when we try to get him back in his faun. He usually squirms and lays around the top, hooking his tail firmly over the rim making it as difficult as he can to prise off.

The logs and plants fairly make a natural centrepiece for any room..and your puppy dogs without legs look quite at home :)

Hey and you don't have to fill the spare faun btw lol

Peoples Of Middle Earth:
Bert (Staffy) , named after Tolkien's stone Troll
Popeye, African Grey
Gimli (Son Of Gloin), Baby Beardie
Slinky, Baby Royal Python
Fëanor..Baby Mexican Common Boa
Casper 2011 Male Ghost Corn Snake **RIP**
Hoard of Orcs (Dubia Roach Colony)
Pearl & Ivory--African Giant Albino Land Snails
Ra, Taiwanese Beauty Snake
Henry, Western Hognose *Missing*
Pippin, Coastal X Diamond Carpet Python
Elanor, Pastel Royal
Timmy, Western Hognose
Flake, Calico male royal, Eowyn, Arabesque Boa
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2012 :  18:36:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks janie! yup Rudi is currently determined to inspect everything whilst not moving from the back corner , shows how long she is for a cb11 , shes almost 3 foot and 7 months old! Lexi's explore lasted about 20 mins and that consisted of her head in the log , she then realised her hide wasnt far from there and sloped off . just looked over and her heads popped out as tho to say thanks mom!

Brax has also been given a faun make over too

However he is being a mardy bum atm and hasnt been out his hide!

I kno i dont have to fill the faun....its just looking at me and teasing me "ooooh think of what u could fill me with laws...."

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2012 :  18:44:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool setups and the gang look very pleased with their new apartments - that wood's beaut!

Still nice to daydream, about who's going to fill that spare faun next ...sorry shouldn't tempt you lol!

Go to Top of Page

Pythonwizard
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
650 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2012 :  19:12:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to ask where did you wood log thingy from
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2012 :  19:13:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i got them from a friend of mine who chops trees down for a living , we stripped the bark and sanded them down nicely . hoping he will have some more for me next week fingers crossed .

Oh bats i have a million things i would like to put in the faun , however i keep getting a million no's when i suggest them haha! who know something perfect may come up :)

Go to Top of Page

Pythonwizard
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
650 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2012 :  19:23:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is the thread whith logs and branches could some one find it don't you have to bake it or something with things you find i
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2012 :  19:43:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah i can bake them , these bad boys wouldnt fit into the over so were soaked and sprayed with ardap

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2012 :  19:50:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=713

There you go, Aaron.

Lol - Laws - you will find something ...I mean a male hoggie could stay small enough for the faun?? Erm, sorry, tempting you again ...

Go to Top of Page

Pythonwizard
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
650 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2012 :  20:05:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks bats and law
Go to Top of Page

Pythonwizard
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
650 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2012 :  21:18:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mats and laws what a bout pieces of slate and stones
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2012 :  23:02:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i would say with the slate check how sharp it is , stone i would imagine they are fine again if they arent too sharp u can always bake those .

Oh bats i saw my little baby one in the pet store again as i had to pick up a new bulb for the viv , i saw it ages ago back when they had two of them both tiny , one was quite placid and the other one that they still have today is a right huffy thing puffs up and nosebumps . today he was digging around in the bedding and zooming around the tub! i would have brought him home except the pet shop charges almost twice the price of the ones i could get from the breeders who i get my geckos from . however i have asked hannah to let me kno when her babies arrive ;) i haev already names him Hodge , even tho i havent got one yet haha!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2012 :  23:14:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Aaron, yes, as Laws says - slate can be sharp; I wouldn't be happy about it, but I've used very smooth weathered sea boulders in Ziska's viv - she has them in her hot end under the bulb and sometimes basks on them - yes, either bake stones or soak in boiling water to sterilise.

Lol - Laws - I can definitely see you ending up with a hoggie - they are gorgeous critters!

Edited by - n/a on 30/01/2012 23:15:16
Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2012 :  23:24:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i wanted to bring him home last week and sarah didnt say no to having one , she said no because we were having a nitemare with the mites and didnt wanna bring a little one into that . wo maybe we will see in the future , i love my boas tho but ive been told a definate no to anymore as they get so big and need the bigger vivs , but i cant see the harm in a hoggie as they stay fairly small , and the little shovel faces are too cute!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2012 :  23:37:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I can see the point of not getting one when there's still danger of mites - and a breeder is usually a lot cheaper than a shop - a local shop (which I haven't visited) advertised some westerns for £75 each, which I suppose isn't bad, but I'm sure a breeder would charge less.

Hoggies are lovely! I suppose if I hadn't got so many corns I could have made room for and afforded a couple of hoggies, but I love my corns ...

Do hope you get your hoggie!

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2012 :  01:29:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i will wait and see what hannah has got going on in a few months i think and see what happens . so glad all the kids are in their vivs now and brax has just gobbled up a rat pup good lad!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000