New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JamesA
Hatchling

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2012 :  14:04:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So here it is, took a little while longer to get him in as i didnt want to move him while he was in shed. Its a 3 foot Vivexotic LX36, 150w ceramic heater on a pulse stat. As its in the end of quite a dark room, i added some cheap LED strips from ebay which are on a dimmer control so i can bring them up slowly. Ideally i want to put them on a timed dimmer so im on the lookout for a simple circuit to build, probably Arduino based as they are nice cheap little microprocessors.

Charlie's viv with Lola the corn in her faun on top.

Took this one without the flash so you can see the LED lights, hence its a little blurred.

2 nice pieces of wood i got from Dunelm, stuck together with aquarium silicone to add some hight.

Cool end hide with Dunelm ivy and exoterra fern.

Still want to get another plant of some kind for the hot end and also add a climbing branch or vine. He seems to like it so far though.

karl
Fully Grown Royal

1069 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2012 :  14:22:04  Show Profile  Visit karl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
looks cool, one thing to check though, video the leds and slow the playback down, a lot tend to strobe (impossible to see with naked eye) and "can" cause snakes to get tetchy (try strobing Christmas lights in the living room and you will know what I mean)

Nice to see proper vids :)

Go to Top of Page

JamesA
Hatchling

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2012 :  15:36:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting, hadn't thought of that with the dimmer on the LED's. I know some mains stuff for dimmable compact fluorescent and the like basically strobe to make them seem dimmer. Did a quick check with a video on my phone playing back at half speed and I cant see a strobe. Checked while dimming them down and up slowly too. I'll have a look with my oscilloscope too once I can find the power supply for it :)

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2012 :  18:47:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is a gorgeous setup - congrats!

Go to Top of Page

Lorraine
Yearling

United Kingdom
480 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2012 :  23:29:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks fabulous.

1.0.0 CB11 Normal Royal, Oscar.
1.0.0 German Shepherd, Bailey.

Still lots to learn.
Go to Top of Page

JamesA
Hatchling

United Kingdom
75 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2012 :  14:43:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Still looking for another plant to go down the hot end. Want something tall-ish but that wont be a pain to keep away from the heater.
Go to Top of Page

Tawfik47
Fully Grown Royal

Czech Republic
1584 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2012 :  16:41:04  Show Profile  Click to see Tawfik47's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Very nice looking great !!

1.0.0 Common Boa - Revo CB13

I had a royal python (Blitz) for two years for those who are wondering what I'm doing here with my boa :D
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000