New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Regalmatt
Hatchling

United Kingdom
60 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2012 :  20:38:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys, I've had suki for 6 wks now, she's a 4 yr old normal, weighing 1kg,she's 4' long and has a bad feeding history,Being on the light side for her age I've been trying to feed her 1 med rat( roughly 80g) every 7 days or so,the 1st 3 feeds went well but now she's not interested,she's missed her last 2-3 feeds, she shed a few days ago which I thought was the reason for her being off her food, but I've tried since the shed but to no avail, I know they can go for a long time, but I'm starting to wonder if I'm to blame and doing something wrong? I'm going to weigh her tonight.am I right being concerned?

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2012 :  20:44:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi - know what you mean as I bought an 06 female last winter - BUT - this is the season for royal fasting.

You're NOT to blame!

My girl (Surahi) was allegedly addicted to mice ...and then she fasted ...come spring her appetite picked up and I was even able to wean her on to rats.

Keep offering your girl a meal (a smaller prey item can work well) and keep weighing her, but even if she refuses food, she will start eating again as the year advances.

She's a royal - got to love them!

Edited by - n/a on 06/02/2012 20:52:16
Go to Top of Page

Regalmatt
Hatchling

United Kingdom
60 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2012 :  20:58:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've just weighed her and she's put on 17g! I know it's not a lot, but it's not a loss!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2012 :  21:03:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah well - there you are - wait till spring and she'll be scarfing the rats down and putting on weight like anything!

Go to Top of Page

Regalmatt
Hatchling

United Kingdom
60 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2012 :  21:23:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheers BATS, can always rely on you! My plan is to get a spider male this year and get suki up to breeding weight, and hopefully next years breeding season...
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2012 :  00:13:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds cool! I'm sure Suki will oblige now she's got a settled home with you and spiders are known to be good eaters - all the best for eggs in 2013.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000