Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Emijolteon
Snake Mite

17 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2012 :  12:18:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm looking for a male baby (only a few weeks old) common morf.
I set up ready, just looking for the snake now.
I'm looking to pay £60/70 or less.
So please tell me what you've got.
Around Stockport/sk8 or close

HERP A DERP!

Pythonwizard
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
650 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2012 :  12:39:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try preloved or RFUK there is usually a few on there
Go to Top of Page

hayes
Yearling

United Kingdom
115 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2012 :  13:05:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
manchester pets and exotics have a few and also warrington pets and exotics. whatever you do DO NOT buy from pets at home in stockport as they don't have a clue what they are talking about (i acted stupid and asked the reptile guy there some questions, in which he answered them all wrong lol) also try preloved.co.uk as there is a breeder in prestwich
Go to Top of Page

Emijolteon
Snake Mite

17 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2012 :  13:19:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hayes

manchester pets and exotics have a few and also warrington pets and exotics. whatever you do DO NOT buy from pets at home in stockport as they don't have a clue what they are talking about (i acted stupid and asked the reptile guy there some questions, in which he answered them all wrong lol) also try preloved.co.uk as there is a breeder in prestwich

The nearest to me is Stockport pet warehouse, but there's no babies at the moment.
I did that, for showing up the guy who worked there I was kicked out Stockport store for 'harassing' the guy.
I have preloved, I can't find anything.
I hear viper & vine are good, think I should have a look in there?

HERP A DERP!
Go to Top of Page

hayes
Yearling

United Kingdom
115 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2012 :  13:28:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
do you drive? if you do warrington pets and exotics is the best pet shop I've ever been in my life and I've been to quite a few. if not then manchester pets and exotics in ardwick is also pretty good. its just straight down the A6 just before town.... haha thats funny. was it some fat dude? he told me royal python adults should be kept on heat mats all their lives in vids and never use ceramic or in fared bulbs... what a idiot!
Go to Top of Page

Emijolteon
Snake Mite

17 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2012 :  14:20:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

do you drive? if you do warrington pets and exotics is the best pet shop I've ever been in my life and I've been to quite a few. if not then manchester pets and exotics in ardwick is also pretty good. its just straight down the A6 just before town.... haha thats funny. was it some fat dude? he told me royal python adults should be kept on heat mats all their lives in vids and never use ceramic or in fared bulbs... what a idiot!

No I don't, I can't get lifts but that's rare. I hear the one in ardwick don't look after there reptiles, I went in and they mix the reptiles, they have leopard geckos in with bearded dragons. I'm sure I saw a tree frog with fire bellied toads. There's one at the other end of the A6 that's better but they don't have babies in much.
And well, of it has the heat it didn't need it or a bulb cause it nocturnal but a basking spot is preferred.

HERP A DERP!
Go to Top of Page

hayes
Yearling

United Kingdom
115 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2012 :  14:34:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah tbh its not the best (ardwik) but i just though id suggest it considering its near to you.no way do they mix bearded with leopard geckos... i didn't notice. i got mine from warrington pets and exotics and there really helpful and know there stuff. mines a late 2011 male normal and i pad 55 for him. I'm really pleased with him. seems like you already have a few reptiles considering your knowledge? lol where are you from? I'm not far from wilmslow...
Go to Top of Page

Emijolteon
Snake Mite

17 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2012 :  15:32:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

yeah tbh its not the best (ardwik) but i just though id suggest it considering its near to you.no way do they mix bearded with leopard geckos... i didn't notice. i got mine from warrington pets and exotics and there really helpful and know there stuff. mines a late 2011 male normal and i pad 55 for him. I'm really pleased with him. seems like you already have a few reptiles considering your knowledge? lol where are you from? I'm not far from wilmslow...

Yeah! It's horrible how they treat their reptiles, usually they have mites and I've heard most of the animals die. Well I might go there. And I do I have leopard geckos, turtles and fire bellied toads, and worked in a reptile shop. I'm near wilmslow, I'm in cheadle hulme.

HERP A DERP!
Go to Top of Page

hayes
Yearling

United Kingdom
115 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2012 :  15:40:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol ur like 5 mins away from me. post some pics of ur collection! what reptile shop did you work in ? yeh, they had a toucan in a really small cage which looked really stressed. its not fair.
Go to Top of Page

Emijolteon
Snake Mite

17 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2012 :  18:23:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

lol ur like 5 mins away from me. post some pics of ur collection! what reptile shop did you work in ? yeh, they had a toucan in a really small cage which looked really stressed. its not fair.

I will do, right now I'm
Not at my computer but I will later. :) and the Stockport pet werehouse, was a few years back, I think it's under new management now. I got a lot of knowladge from there :)
I know, and that giant tortoise cooped up. They don't care about them, they just want money I want to go in and give them a piece of my mind.

HERP A DERP!
Go to Top of Page

hayes
Yearling

United Kingdom
115 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2012 :  18:35:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok... i had a leopard gecko when i was about 10 and he wasn't the friendliest lol. i wanna build up my collection of royals and get a few nice morphs. id love to own a reptile shop, theres not many decent ones in our area is there! we should open one lol. yeah its harsh, go in and give them a telling off... don't get kicked out like in pets at home lmao. looking forward to seeing your collection :)
Go to Top of Page

Emijolteon
Snake Mite

17 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2012 :  19:18:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

ok... i had a leopard gecko when i was about 10 and he wasn't the friendliest lol. i wanna build up my collection of royals and get a few nice morphs. id love to own a reptile shop, theres not many decent ones in our area is there! we should open one lol. yeah its harsh, go in and give them a telling off... don't get kicked out like in pets at home lmao. looking forward to seeing your collection :)

I love my gecko, she's really friendly had her for almost 6 years! I plan to breed my own morfs of leopard gecko and royal python. My dream is to own an exotics shop, one that can be trusted too! I hate how some places care more about money than the animals they are supposed to care for. And hopefully not! If I do, the RSPCA can handle it. Better than them suffering.

HERP A DERP!
Go to Top of Page

hayes
Yearling

United Kingdom
115 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2012 :  19:24:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah your thinking along the right lines! too many pet/exotics shops don't have a clue! get some pics uploaded! :-P
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2012 :  19:45:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't want to sound like a wet blanket - BUT, the RSPCA DON'T handle animal abuse well, I'm sorry to say.

It's left to the man - or in my case the woman - in the street to pick up the pieces. Seen it time after time and (inadvertently)got many of my critters that way. Very sad - would like to give those guys a good press but can't.

Go to Top of Page

Emijolteon
Snake Mite

17 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2012 :  19:54:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Don't want to sound like a wet blanket - BUT, the RSPCA DON'T handle animal abuse well, I'm sorry to say.

It's left to the man - or in my case the woman - in the street to pick up the pieces. Seen it time after time and (inadvertently)got many of my critters that way. Very sad - would like to give those guys a good press but can't.

WELL! i guess its up to people to stop buying from there, everyone, they'll go out of business and probably close down, the animals that are there now, well, lets hope they have a closing down sale we can get the ones that need to get out the most. like the caimans (no land for them to sit, crowded ect) and all the reptiles, i doubt even the birds are looked after.

HERP A DERP!
Go to Top of Page

Emijolteon
Snake Mite

17 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2012 :  19:55:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

yeah your thinking along the right lines! too many pet/exotics shops don't have a clue! get some pics uploaded! :-P

i would, although im not sure how to post pictures :') lets give it a try at least!

HERP A DERP!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2012 :  20:03:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry - and sorry for getting off topic too, but imo the only way to protect abused animals is to act by myself.

Hope you get your royal soon - and have heard VERY good reports of Warrington Exotics btw

Go to Top of Page

Emijolteon
Snake Mite

17 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2012 :  20:17:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

my 4 week old axolotls, i have 10 in a 6ft tank :)

terrance the turtle, i had two but sadly squirtle died :( he now lives at my boyfriends cause i had no room for a bigger tank as he grew. :)

ozzy, my leopard gecko, shes been with me for 6 years. i had another called bob but he attacked her out of the blue so he's also living at my boyfriends.

one of my preggo female firebellied toads :) my male showing off his belly. their little set up i put together. you can see all 3 :)
and just for aww factor, my toads having a little kiss :)
i also have a dog, 2 cats, ferret and horse :P they (except the ferret, hes also mine) are family pets.

HERP A DERP!
Go to Top of Page

Emijolteon
Snake Mite

17 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2012 :  20:19:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sorry - and sorry for getting off topic too, but imo the only way to protect abused animals is to act by myself.

Hope you get your royal soon - and have heard VERY good reports of Warrington Exotics btw

i hear you, i rescued my gecko from a bad pet shop, way too cold for them, tried feeding them greens ect. had mites too but they are long since gone.
and i hopefully am friday! and well, i'll have a look :) maybe they have the python im looking for!

HERP A DERP!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2012 :  20:36:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emijolteon

quote:

i hear you, i rescued my gecko from a bad pet shop, way too cold for them, tried feeding them greens ect. had mites too but they are long since gone.
and i hopefully am friday! and well, i'll have a look :) maybe they have the python im looking for!

Good, and congrats re gecko.

Still I'm sorry to say, the RSPCA are rubbish.

If we want animals rescued, we have to do it ourselves.

Go to Top of Page

Emijolteon
Snake Mite

17 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2012 :  20:43:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh god i know! i know someone in the RSPCA that would try do something, if they couldn't id take it into my own hands. although would cost me a lot. but worth it.

HERP A DERP!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000