New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2012 :  00:27:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So maddam has had abit of a change round in her viv . Basically we couldnt get the temp rite in her warm end . with the stat and probe ontop of the XL exo hide it read 32c however the other nite i got her out and she felt really cold , so i popped the probe inside the hide (without her in it) and it was only getting to 25c . so i used a big bit of cork bark to make a hide in the warm end with prob ontop as i thought it could penetrate the wood abit better . And lets just say i have been eye balled ever since . All last nite and as soon as i got home tonite i have her two beady eyes watching me!

"i do not like this , the feng shui is all wrong!!"

and i managed to catch her having a good drink , i love love love watching them drink! to see their little cheeks going!

and her having a stetch out on the sofa!

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

JanieW
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2279 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2012 :  00:33:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
:) I love the pics Laws, especially her drinking and mooching on your sofa.

I'm a bit worried about Fea, temps aren't bad but humidty is low and he has been at the top of his plant since last night. Still tomorrow is 2 days after feeding so i'll get him out for awhile, I won't be happy until he has his usual outing.

Peoples Of Middle Earth:
Bert (Staffy) , named after Tolkien's stone Troll
Popeye, African Grey
Gimli (Son Of Gloin), Baby Beardie
Slinky, Baby Royal Python
Fëanor..Baby Mexican Common Boa
Casper 2011 Male Ghost Corn Snake **RIP**
Hoard of Orcs (Dubia Roach Colony)
Pearl & Ivory--African Giant Albino Land Snails
Ra, Taiwanese Beauty Snake
Henry, Western Hognose *Missing*
Pippin, Coastal X Diamond Carpet Python
Elanor, Pastel Royal
Timmy, Western Hognose
Flake, Calico male royal, Eowyn, Arabesque Boa
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2012 :  00:45:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great pics - yeah, new setups are a pain - just when you've taken every precaution and given time for temps to stabilise, it always seems to take a load more tweaking ...law of sod, but you'll get there, and the setup's great.

Lol - will you now be going to have to buy another sofa for you and Sarah, since Lexi's now big enough to need her own?

Go to Top of Page

Laws
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1007 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2012 :  00:51:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we have another three seater that me and sarah sit on so she can have that one for herself , but if she out grows the three seater she can go and find somewhere else comfy lol!

Yeah its odd as i thought that with the probe ontop of the exo hide it would be fine as it was reaching the rite temp . Rudi has her probe just outside the enterance of her hide on the floor. so i had to put lexi's ontop , rudi felt nice and warm but lexi felt really cold .

I worried about the wood being close to the bulb incase it set on fire but it seems ok ? or is that a silly tihng to worry about ?

www.facebook.com/Thehogbox

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2012 :  01:01:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks fine as far as I can see - I worry about the same stuff too, especially in the lx vivs where there isn't as much height for a larger hide to fit beneath the guard, but it looks ok to me.

I'm coming to the conclusion that stats, and their probes, are like snakes, all different lol ...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000