Posted - 20/03/2009 :  18:31:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi guys,

as the title says here's lucifor's new viv hope you like it

Edited by - Blackecho on 20/03/2009 18:34:50

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2009 :  18:35:52  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Very pretty, although (just personal opinion) I would neither have the heatmat on the side nor have tape in there.

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2016 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2009 :  19:56:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That viv looks really nice, very well arranged.

I would agree with BE on the mat, there will be a minimal rise in ambient temps so it wont really help the snake and tape is a bit risky.

Go to Top of Page

wolfspirit
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
5741 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2009 :  20:29:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice viv, ditto on the heatmat, if you take it out you need to make sure nothing is sticky on the viv after you have removed it.

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from
now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Go to Top of Page

clunch
Hatchling

65 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2009 :  21:50:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tbh it did sound a bit weird to me too but thats what that guy from the garden centre said i should do with it. this viv doesnt have light fittings and the centre had non in stock until this wednesday so the earliest time i can get there will be next sunday. atm its the only heat source. the temp gauge says its fine but if you guys think its a problem. how would u say i resolve it with no light fitting?
Go to Top of Page

Blackecho
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
11327 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2009 :  08:38:39  Show Profile  Click to see Blackecho's MSN Messenger address  Send Blackecho a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I would put it on the floor of the viv, covered with something (even it its just newspaper) for the time being. If you were to stick with a heatmat for a bit then you would need it approx 1/3 of the floor space and covered with something like lino. However, the best sourceof heat for a large bodied snake like a Royal is either Ceramic or Red Bulb.

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
Royal Python Admin

United Kingdom
1196 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2009 :  14:01:44  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Great looking viv Clunch.

A heat mat on the floor is fine until your royal gets big.

Go to Top of Page

dazb
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
2847 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2009 :  21:06:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the thing with mats is that they heat wot ever is in contact with them. cos yours is on the side of the viv with nothing touching it i would say it is doing very little with reguards to the temp.

as was mentioned before i would either locate it on the floor or use a lamp/ceramic to heat the viv....

other than that nice set up...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000