Garden shopping.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Se7enS1ns
Yearling

United Kingdom
354 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2012 :  19:10:18  Show Profile  Visit Se7enS1ns's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So Ifrits viv was looking a little bare, and since I spent all my money on buying him, I decided to go shopping for free in my garden, and here's the result...

I happen to be quite the geology buff, so I used my knowledge to pick out what I believe are; a large corner shaped one, a big square one, a rare flat triangle, and a more common garden variety long flat one

They were all scrubbed in the shower, soaked in boiling water with a bit of bleach, scrubbed in the shower again, and rinsed off again in cold water, then left to dry in the sun.

I'm sure Ifrit will have a good climb later on!

www.royal-balls.blogspot.com
www.facebook.com/dandavisreptiles

Edited by - Se7enS1ns on 18/03/2012 19:44:28

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2012 :  19:27:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Make sure he cant drag them over onto himself. Found stuff is always nicest. lol.

Go to Top of Page

Se7enS1ns
Yearling

United Kingdom
354 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2012 :  19:43:36  Show Profile  Visit Se7enS1ns's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Was going to get some wood too, but we only have conifers, so think I'll stick to buying that from the shop!

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2012 :  19:45:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They look great. I sometimes raid the garden myself - my Ziska has 3 big sea pebbles underneath her IR as 'hot rocks' to bask on. I think customising your vivs with natural stuff like that is cool - and free too.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

50 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2012 :  23:07:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Funny you should post this we've just been beach combing in Weymouth today looking for some nice pebbles for our vivs with my 7 year old son and we got a load soaking in some bleach as we speak.
Made a nice day out we all had fun looking for various shapes and colours.
It's great when you can decorate a viv fro free
Go to Top of Page

Se7enS1ns
Yearling

United Kingdom
354 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2012 :  17:40:01  Show Profile  Visit Se7enS1ns's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think it's great, like you say Toggsy, makes for fun scrounging for suitable rocks etc - beats paying £3 a kilo from the petshop too!

Going to look for some hardwood fallen branches next time I'm out on the bike and bake them in the oven to kill off any nasties.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000