New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AEAlovesJJB
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2012 :  22:23:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys, I currently have a exo terra viv and in the process of turning it into a decent viv for my royal to stay in till I find a new home for myself and find him a proper viv (he is currently in a rub and getting too big for it), just wondering how I could do this? I understand that the back and sides need to be covered for him to feel more enclosed and comfortable as the exo terra viv's sides are all glass. What would be the best flooring? I know alot of people use aspen, I was just wondering what you think is the best. I also have a bulb and guard on top of the tank as the top of the viv has a netted mesh so I couldn't use a bulb and bulb cage, Will the temperature be warm enough for him when I put him in as I cannot get the bulb any lower?. As I said this is just temporary for a couple of months till I can get things sorted and him into a proper wooden viv. Oh and one more thing, I cant seem to find any bulbs that are more than 60watt where do you get yours from? will I also need a red UV light to put in at night? thanks for any help given guys :D

markmifsud
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2012 :  10:57:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aspen is fine. Glass vivs will always be difficult to keep at the right temps, but as to whether yours will work the way you have it, only time will tell. You need to get it all setup and check you have a stable temperature before you move your royal to the new home. But I have a feeling your going to have difficulty in getting this to work as you have it now.

Any reptile shop should be able to supply a heat bulb at wattages between 100w and 250w. RED UV Bulb? the RED bulbs are normally IR (heat) or low intensity red for veiwing. A UV bulb will not be needed at all.

1.1.0 Pastal Ball
1.0.0 Normal Ball aged 7(ish)
0.1.0 Normal Ball aged 7(ish)

Bromley. SE London
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000