Just s quick hello
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Danno91
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
521 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2012 :  18:03:01  Show Profile  Click to see Danno91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

I have found it very hard to be able to find the time to get on recently doing stupid hours at work to pay for my new found hobby.

For those that you that remember I not long bought a albino royal and was having a few issues one he is very viv defensive, two I couldnt get him to strike feed or eat with the lights on. Well a small while on and he is still very defensive I cant ***** foot around getting him out or changing his water/ spot cleaning but once he is out of the viv he is fine easily startled but alot better than b4. On the feeding note I have got Him to strike feed once but unfortunately he the decided to drop it and didn't won't it.

Now my normal who I have just converted to rats has decided she only wants to eat once every 10 days which is fine it's breading season atleast she is eating accasionly

Well there is a quick rundown on my current snakes I'm hoping to pick up a stack viv at the weekend with a new arrival hopefully, I have managed to find a male pastle at 70 notes and couldn't resist, I was hoping to pick up another female first but that can wait I have a few plans that I want to do within the next couple of years

So there is my update, hopefully I can find some more time to get on here to keep you all updated

http://www.facebook.com/DannosRoyalPythons?ref=hl

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2012 :  18:15:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, hope they settle down for you - feeding every 10 days is fair enough - long as she's getting something in her belly and congrats on converting her to rats. Your albino - not all snakes strike feed - some like to be left alone with the rat in the dark; long as he eats, that's great, whatever he wants to do, just go along with him. He'll get used to you eventually; just persist in doing what you want, whether it's going in to his viv and doing his water, or getting him out. A good ploy with a snake like that is to approach with your hand spread flat, showing him the palm, rather than fingers curled up and mimicking pinky mice lol. He might strike, but he'll just bounce off your palm. But sounds like you're getting him calmed down.

All the best with them and congrats on the pastel and viv stack.

Go to Top of Page

Danno91
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
521 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2012 :  18:35:08  Show Profile  Click to see Danno91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yes I have been using that technic and it works wonders I'm still waiting to be tagged thou
But I'm sure my time will come

http://www.facebook.com/DannosRoyalPythons?ref=hl
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000