Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lorraine
Yearling

United Kingdom
480 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2012 :  11:55:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm wondering:

I'm off to Cyprus next week. I will feed Oscar the night before I go, so I know he won't be hungry, but...when I get back, will he remember me? Will he remember my smell or what?

He won't have any handling at all while I'm away. My brother is coming to look after my mother and my dog for me and I've made him promise that he'll keep Oscar's water topped up, but he hates snakes so Oscar'll get nowt else.

I also think that Oscar is likely to shed while I'm gone and Andrew will not remove anything, so will it be alright to be left in the viv?

1.0.0 CB11 Normal Royal, Oscar.
1.0.0 German Shepherd, Bailey.

Still lots to learn.

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2012 :  15:02:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, glad to hear you're getting a break.

I'm certain Oscar will remember you. I'm not sure how snakes measure time. I often think a fortnight to us is just a long snooze after dinner to a royal.

Yes, definitely the main thing, water and temps checking. I wouldn't be worried about the shed; it's not infectious matter after all, but I would be worried about mess and wee. However, if it's impossible to get anyone to clean out, I'd recommend putting loads of kitchen roll under Oscar's substrate - it's more absorbent than aspen or bark and will soak up liquid wee (well, that's what I'd do in the circs anyway.) And I don't suppose Oscar will be bothered about any smell.

Hope you have great hols!

Go to Top of Page

Lorraine
Yearling

United Kingdom
480 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2012 :  17:18:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bats. Extra paper towel is a good idea. I'm not happy about having a log left in there if he decides to do one, but Andrew just will not do it and there's nobody else. I thought about boarding him at my local pet shop, but with the worry of mites and all sorts...well, I'd rather not.

Still lots to learn.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2012 :  17:59:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I'd feel the same. Fingers crossed he saves it up as welcome home pressie for you!

Go to Top of Page

Lorraine
Yearling

United Kingdom
480 Posts

Posted - 16/04/2012 :  21:53:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ugh! There'll be one smelly kitchen if he does, pmsl.

Still lots to learn.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000