Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Meadow
Yearling

United Kingdom
196 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2012 :  22:27:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...and other wonderings

Just curious to know really I've seen some recent adverts on various sites mentioning CB11 hatchlings, and wondered, since we're now part way through 2012, when do the CB11 hatchlings stop being hatchlings, and what do they turn into then (would it be a year, and therefore they'd turn into yearlings?)

If I'm looking to buy a CB12 hatchling, am I looking too early at the moment? Are the vast majority of them hatched later in the year than this?

Will a CB12 royal python be one that is hatched in 2012, or has the laying of the eggs got something to do with the CB** status?

Is it fairly difficult to get a normal royal hatchling from a breeder, since most breeders breed for different morphs?

ok, that was more questions than I was intending, thanks if you got this far

1.1.0 human beasties
0.1.0 royal python

“It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.” - Alan Cohen

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2012 :  22:39:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd say cb11s are now young adults ...but may be classed as hatchlings. Though not imo.

The year when a snake hatches out is its birth year.

Loads of breeders will be presently churning out the expensive morphs ...and also the unwanted normals. These ought to be going for a modest price as they're basically surplus to requirements, unless they're 100% het for something. With papers.

Happy hunting!

Edited by - n/a on 18/04/2012 22:42:39
Go to Top of Page

Se7enS1ns
Yearling

United Kingdom
354 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2012 :  22:40:39  Show Profile  Visit Se7enS1ns's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You should pick up a CB12 male "Normal" for pittance from a private breeder - as sad as it is, they are "surplus to requirements" - and are just another mouth to feed with no real return.

-EDIT: Sorry BaTS, crossed!

www.royal-balls.blogspot.com
www.facebook.com/dandavisreptiles

Edited by - Se7enS1ns on 18/04/2012 22:47:31
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2012 :  22:53:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd say upto 12 months they are hatchlings and then as you say, they become yearlings. I suppose technically they are adult when they can breed.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2012 :  22:59:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.ballpython.ca/gallery/breeding.html

see under 'done like dinner' pic - this guy was 5 months!!!

not to be recommended but well ...not hatchling but teen royal dad lol!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000