New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2012 :  23:37:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK Harley my crested Gecko has been a troublesome feeder. He refused point blank to eat crested gecko food, I tried everything, but in the end resorted to feeding gecko food gut loaded insects once a week with a little bowl of gecko diet available 24/7. Over winter he started to look very skinny and I started to worry about him a lot but knew it wasn't due to anything I was doing so had to just keep trying.

Anyway so this is the positive bit. about a month ago I bought some Nutrobal and very very very lightly dusted a roach once a week and left the gecko diet in for him and he has started eating the Gecko food, He will eat about half a milk bottle top every 2 days with a 1 day gap. I dont know if the nutrobal gave him that little boost he needed but now he is eating the gecko diet I dont need to nutrobal him as its got everything he needs.

PS I dont recommend Nutrobal for such a small animal, I was very lightly dusting the roaches legs (not an easy task) but I had Nutrobal that I will give to the snakes once a month and decided to give it a try as a last resort before force feeding him.

Edited by - Lotabob on 18/04/2012 23:39:14

chrisc
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
3326 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2012 :  16:50:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good to hear hes eating better.
do snakes benifit from having nutrobal?

1.0.0 burmese python,giblet. 1.0.0 BCI, william. 0.1.0 blue tongue skink, 0.1.0 green iguana, jasmin, 1.0.0 cape house snake, 0.1.0 checkered garter snake

my youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/pegrocks
incubate 2 campaign
https://www.facebook.com/incubate2
Go to Top of Page

mr_luke
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
29 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2012 :  17:12:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I may have to try this! my crestie is a pain in the backside for not eating his CGD, he eats crickets like a champ but doesnt seem interested in his gecko diet at all

Go to Top of Page

ppl_clectr
Yearling

Canada
226 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2012 :  19:38:32  Show Profile  Visit ppl_clectr's Homepage  Click to see ppl_clectr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I cheat and make smoothies from fruit and plain yogurt for my 2. I add the Repashy diet to it, as my boys don't like the gecko diet on its own, and they eat it like crazy.

SherriR
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2012 :  20:09:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chrisc

do snakes benifit from having nutrobal?

In the right dose it can be beneficial but it is just a little bit of extra vitamins etc, its not required but from time to time I think it can be beneficial.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2012 :  21:03:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ummm...how do you propose to administer it? If snakey craftily sniffs a coated mouse from head to toe, it's going to smell a rat lol. Only other way is to dilute the powder and use a syringe to shoot the solution up the rodent's backside??

(Mind busily boggling lol!)

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2012 :  21:55:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

Ummm...how do you propose to administer it? If snakey craftily sniffs a coated mouse from head to toe, it's going to smell a rat lol. Only other way is to dilute the powder and use a syringe to shoot the solution up the rodent's backside??

(Mind busily boggling lol!)

Haha its one pinch per kilo so its a very small amount of powder indeed, and I think the mouth or ear is a much easier orifice to pop it in.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2012 :  21:58:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The snake will know ....

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2012 :  22:03:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh without doubt they will be aware something is different but well time will tell if they will take it, Spot did no issues but he is a pig.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2012 :  22:13:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh well, corns. Say no more.

Errm what on earth are you feeding a corn supplements for?

Me, I'm worrying about are all my girls' asses too big - great lumps!!! Corns imo dine not wisely but too well!

Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2012 :  22:25:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its a vitamin supplement and once a month or so. Its not required but it wont do any harm either might even do some good.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000