Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2012 :  17:47:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't recommend trying to drown them/simulate drowning to get them to let go, lol. They can hold their breath for a very long time even underwater and will continue with a feeding response even when submerged. Snake bytes recommend a splash of listerine and I'm guessing the alcohol gel has the same effect, they don't have a sense of taste so it must be about being strong smelling and getting the fumes straight into the jacobs organ. I think if one ever gets me I'll just sit it out unless its really determined to make me bleed to death, then it will feel the wrath of my bathroom cabinets minty freshness in a bottle.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2012 :  18:02:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just ran the water over Shahi's head and into his mouth. He let go of me very soon and got a lot of cuddles and love. It was all I could do; I was on my own. If I'd 'sat it out', quite apart from the pain I was experiencing, he might have taken my whole finger down his throat and spent an unpleasant time gripping prey he couldn't swallow and then regurging. He ate his rat straight after - can't have been that stressed.

Edited by - n/a on 07/05/2012 18:06:13
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000