Eventually!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Se7enS1ns
Yearling

United Kingdom
354 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  23:55:31  Show Profile  Visit Se7enS1ns's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've owned ?Ifrit since mid-March, and after collecting him it was obvious he's had a really bad shed last time round - bit's of skin were suck to his log hide and mixed in with the substrate and whatnot. He still has little "threads" of skin hanging off all over the place, and the skin on top of his head looks really dry and cracked. He whistles when he signs at me too

I've tried giving him a bath, but that didn't seem to help at all, in fact it seems to dry the skin out even more.

Picked him up tonight for a check over, and his skin has gone really really dark - which is really easy to spot on him with him being a Fire. He also has silvery lines on all over his belly, like creases. His eyes haven't blue'd over yet though, but do look very matte in terms of lack of shine.

I've been waiting for him to shed since I bought him, and it seems he's EVENTUALLY ready to give it up!! Going to be upping the humidity over the next couple of days with some orchid bark, and if I ask Monty nicely, maybe she'll let me borrow her moss cave to lend to Ifrit.

I can't wait to see his new togs - he'll look so light and bright!!

www.royal-balls.blogspot.com
www.facebook.com/dandavisreptiles

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2012 :  23:59:22  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Great news 7Sins!

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

Se7enS1ns
Yearling

United Kingdom
354 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2012 :  09:27:28  Show Profile  Visit Se7enS1ns's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Eeee I'm all excited - might be picking up a pair of het albinos today too. I just can't help myself.

www.royal-balls.blogspot.com
www.facebook.com/dandavisreptiles
Go to Top of Page

JB2012
Hatchling

United Kingdom
77 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2012 :  09:35:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Good times!!

You'd better dust off your camera

Coming soon...
Go to Top of Page