Swapping vivs?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Se7enS1ns
Yearling

United Kingdom
354 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2012 :  22:56:17  Show Profile  Visit Se7enS1ns's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Are there any consequences to swapping your snakes around? I mean literally taking two snakes out, and putting them back in the "wrong" vivariums?

I had Monty out for a feed tonight, so had Ifrit out for a wander, and for some reason decided to put them back in each others vivariums, just to see how they'd react. They were both really inquisitive, and Ifrit seems to be getting a little stressed after a while, but found the entrance to Monty's, and turned in for the night. Monty is still out climbing and a-wandering I believe.

I'm as certain as I can be that they are both disease and mite free. Ifrit whistles when he breathes heavily, but I'm pretty certain that that is due to dry skin as a result of a very bad shed, rather than an RI. Neither of them have ever (whilst in my ownership, at least) had any health problems at all, are both healthy in size and in function (urates and poops).

Both vivariums are very similar, one is slightly largers than the other in depth and hight, and one is heathed by an IR bulb where as the other is a ceramic setup - both very similar in temps other than that one has a cooler cold side due to the bulb being further away.

Am I missing anything? Is there any way they could get ill, or overly stressed?

www.royal-balls.blogspot.com
www.facebook.com/dandavisreptiles
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000