Need some help please
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mark_92
Yearling

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2012 :  15:58:37  Show Profile  Click to see mark_92's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I was on gumtree and seen sombody selling a reduced patterern royal for £70 and i though that was a decent price? I got a pic of him so if anybody could tell me if he is a reduced or just a nice normal would be very helpful, thanks in advance.

Reptile list.

Normal Royal python "Biggie" ( female )
Normal Royal python ( male )

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2012 :  16:01:21  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It's a nice looking royal, not sure what he means by reduced pattern on it, in my experience reduced and "nice looking royal" mean pretty much the same thing, it's not genetic until proven so not much difference scientifically between reduced and just pretty.

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

mark_92
Yearling

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2012 :  16:07:29  Show Profile  Click to see mark_92's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Okay doke cheers bud, you think hes worth £70? lol

Reptile list.

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2012 :  16:14:25  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If thats his natural colour not effected by a flash then I'd say so he's gorgeous :) worth viewing him first though, depends if you like him.

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2012 :  16:15:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

This is Shahi, who is cf10 - he's really high yellow. Just shows the variation in even wild caught unhybridised royals (a cb royal may have anything in it as so many cb 'normals' are results of breeding for visual morphs.)

And his pattern lacks a lot of 'aliens' -

So it's very hard to tell as 'normal' is anything BUT normal in the royal ...

If you're not planning on banking on this snake as part of a breeding
project, I'd say it's a very pretty snake at an excellent price, and worth having. I bought Surahi, who is a 'dinker' and looks very mojave, for £135, and she is just nice to have around ...

Go to Top of Page

mark_92
Yearling

United Kingdom
137 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2012 :  16:43:10  Show Profile  Click to see mark_92's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah i have no breeding plans at all for the coming years, doubt my mum would like that lol yeah he is a stunning boy and same with yours mate :D

Reptile list.

Go to Top of Page

ppl_clectr
Yearling

Canada
226 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2012 :  16:49:11  Show Profile  Visit ppl_clectr's Homepage  Click to see ppl_clectr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi Mark, he is reduced...it means that the "alien heads" are absent in most of his lighter areas. Nice acquisition :)

SherriR
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2012 :  17:40:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mark_92

Yeah i have no breeding plans at all for the coming years, doubt my mum would like that lol yeah he is a stunning boy and same with yours mate :D

Thanks Mark, I'll tell him, though he is already a regal little git, bless!

Hope you get that royal if it's as good as its pics, keep us posted.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000