New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  15:15:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just a bit of silliness really, I was doing the final bit of installing the wires on the viv stack and wanted to show off the bits nobody will see.

So from the front.

and to make all this happen you have to have this at the back.

JanieW
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2279 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  15:41:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
looking good Rob, its amazing just how many cables it takes :) You have done a fine job, it looks great from the front :)

Peoples Of Middle Earth:
Bert (Staffy) , named after Tolkien's stone Troll
Popeye, African Grey
Gimli (Son Of Gloin), Baby Beardie
Slinky, Baby Royal Python
Fëanor..Baby Mexican Common Boa
Casper 2011 Male Ghost Corn Snake **RIP**
Hoard of Orcs (Dubia Roach Colony)
Pearl & Ivory--African Giant Albino Land Snails
Ra, Taiwanese Beauty Snake
Henry, Western Hognose *Missing*
Pippin, Coastal X Diamond Carpet Python
Elanor, Pastel Royal
Timmy, Western Hognose
Flake, Calico male royal, Eowyn, Arabesque Boa
Go to Top of Page

Pythonwizard
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
650 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  20:15:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking great and just out of curiosity (not being cheeky) how much does viv stack lick that cost ?
Go to Top of Page

Meadow
Yearling

United Kingdom
196 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  20:57:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, what a lot of wires! Looks great, and very clean-looking, I like the white of the stack

1.1.0 human beasties
0.1.0 royal python

“It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.” - Alan Cohen
Go to Top of Page

Lotabob
Royal Python Moderator

United Kingdom
5008 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  21:01:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not cheeky at all,

Stats £180
Lights £30
Glass £55
MDF £64
Paint & Varnish £90
Screws £9
Ceramic bulbs £100
Fixings £30

So about £558. I actually got a few bargains with second hand stats (cheers Kelf). The main cost was my time, it took so long to do and as it was my first attempt I did a lot of trial pieces to test fixings and paint and varnishes and then a few pieces that B&Q cut were out by a mile and had to be re done at my own cost because I quote the B&Q manager 'they dont guarantee their cuts to be straight or correctly measured'. So yeah their straight cutting saw with mm precision is not guaranteed because it relies on a drongo in an orange bib to set it properly and I nearly chopped a few of those in half when they tried to cut horizontally, I had to point out that the sheer weight of the bit above the cut will warp and pull the wood so its not cut straight. Try persuading a drongo though to go against their training. Oh and another one I had an argument with someone was the blade, I asked them how wide the blade was, they said 2mm so I said OK when I draw up my plans if two pieces are together I can take the 2mm in to consideration, he said I'd be better using 5mm, it was only when I asked him how he planned on cutting 1mm slithers off the board that he agreed I was right and 1 cut was far easier.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000