New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

swkelly8
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2012 :  19:00:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi, im new to pythons, have had conflicting advice about whether or not my royal python needs a uv light and if so UVA or UVB or both, thankyou, swkelly8

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2012 :  19:09:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The usual opinion is no. Lizards may need UV light, snakes not. I've certainly never used it for my lot and they're fine.

And welcome to the forum.

Go to Top of Page

Danno91
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
521 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2012 :  19:23:05  Show Profile  Click to see Danno91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I agree with bats, not one of mine has uv lighting, I used to use energy saving bulbs for the day night cycle but after some investigating I took these out, my three now only have the light through the windows or the light in the room they are in

http://www.facebook.com/DannosRoyalPythons?ref=hl
Go to Top of Page

blackskull
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1278 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2012 :  19:32:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
as above no uv light is required. if you wish to give them a day night cycle just use an energy saving bulb, guarded. this is what i do

1.1 normal royal, sully, silver
0.1 pinstripe royal, penny
1.1 pastel royal, lars, clover
0.1 lesser royal, serenity
0.1 black pastel royal, betty
0.1 mojave royal, mavis
0.1 normal het clown
1.0 pastel het clown
1.0 nuclear, ned
1.0 super phantom
1.0 childrens python, myles
0.1 hog island boa
0.1 sonoran x boa, grace
0.0.1 mack snow leopard gecko, munchkin
4.1 cats, stan, dave, marble, binx, daisy
4.1 rabbits, mol, ted, bill, spud, alice
0.1 crazy cat/bunny lady of bridgwater, lucy
Go to Top of Page

swkelly8
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2012 :  20:08:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BurnedAtTheStake

The usual opinion is no. Lizards may need UV light, snakes not. I've certainly never used it for my lot and they're fine.

And welcome to the forum.

Go to Top of Page

swkelly8
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2012 :  20:17:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Danno91

I agree with bats, not one of mine has uv lighting, I used to use energy saving bulbs for the day night cycle but after some investigating I took these out, my three now only have the light through the windows or the light in the room they are in

thanks for that,i also have a northern pine,albino king, and black brown king,but the royal is by far the most tactile...only got her by chance, went to get a couple of spiders (haver lots and lots of them) and i noticed she was in a terrible state, part shed and very very lethargic, so £200 later i own a royal python,she is not feeding either,but is a lot more perky, she had no thermostat and was very hot, have regulated that and sorted humidiy..have sorted daytime and moonlight,anything else i need to do ?????
Go to Top of Page

Danno91
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
521 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2012 :  20:32:44  Show Profile  Click to see Danno91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If you give us a bit more info size of royal, what size rub or Viv what and what your using for heat,

how long you had the royal they can take a little while to settle in and are rebound for being fussy eaters one of mine has only eaten three times in the last six months

http://www.facebook.com/DannosRoyalPythons?ref=hl
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000