shedd
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brad37
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
22 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2012 :  14:34:28  Show Profile  Send brad37 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
hi i have not been on for bit my royal is doing great feeding all the time now looking a lot better. but it,s my jungle carpet he seems to of been in shedd for a long time any tips i mist a few times a day i have soaked him for a bit but he like to have a good bite of me lol thanks brad

d.j.green

mattc142
Hatchling

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2012 :  14:45:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How long is it that you think hes been in shed for? Is he giving all the signs like soaking him self in his boal. Have you tryed putting a damp hide in his viv or RUB if your having trouble soaking him your self try that then there will be no chance of it nipping you lol

[URL=http://www.mybannermaker.com][/URL]
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2012 :  14:54:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, the damp hide sounds like a good idea. Has he cleared yet from blue? The reason I ask is that twice one of my corns has gone blue, cleared ...and never shed. I've bottomed her viv thinking she might have hidden the shed somewhere, but definitely no shed. 6-8 weeks later she's gone blue again...and shed normally.

She's a big vigorous greedy girl in perfect health as far as I can see - she just went into shed ...and never did. So I know this can happen with no ill-effect to the snake.

Do hope your carpet does shed normally for you, but no need to worry if he changes his mind.

Go to Top of Page

brad37
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
22 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2012 :  18:31:26  Show Profile  Send brad37 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
hi i think i will get some moss i cant understand why he is not soaking i did not like the rub he came in there temp,s where nowhere near where they should of been i had to go out and buy the right thing,s and he,s very bitty i think they have been feeding him in is rub but i have put a stop to but don,t mind him biting me my cat bites me all the time it,s when he gets bigger thanks brad

d.j.green
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2012 :  18:48:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL - know what you mean - my new cat is still bitey, naughty girl! And she's worse than a snake; I just keep my hand still and tut at her and say no, and she changes the bite into a wash. Still a bit punctured though.

My carpet only soaked when she had mites though I did understand it was a carpet thing to soak. Since then she's never soaked, even when in shed, but I keep a large water bowl permanently in her warm end and this seems to do the trick with humidity.

Good luck!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000