9 week old won't eat
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Michael86
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2012 :  15:04:58  Show Profile  Send Michael86 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I got a 9 week old royal python that won't eat what should I do tried frozen tried senting with chick and tried sending with live . But haven't tried live food

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2012 :  15:36:33  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It'll be easier to give some advice if you can answer some questions;
How long have you had the python? When was the last time he/she fed? What weight is she/he?

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

Michael86
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
11 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2012 :  09:46:51  Show Profile  Send Michael86 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Iv had her 2 weeks and she last fed 3 weeks ago she wEight 72grams
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2012 :  10:15:57  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Wouldn't worry, three weeks is nothing and if she's only been with you two weeks she's new to her surroundings and is probably just taking an extended break to get used to her new home. Keep track of her weight and make sure she doesn't look any too quickly. If her weight is stable then all you can really do is wait for her to start again on her own, obviously can try braining (cutting the rodent head open) or scenting like you've been doing but I wouldn't go onto anything more extreme just yet.

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000