Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Royal Python Posts
 General Posts
 Discussing this with Kelf, check this out!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Evolution Morphs
Old Royal - I Post too much!

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2012 :  22:46:23  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Response to letter received 14th June, 12.28pm

Re: International Herpetological Breeder’s Meeting, 17th June 2012

Dear Chris

Thank you for your letter received today regarding to the International Herpetological Society’s position in relation to the operation of the event scheduled to take place on Sunday 17th June 2012.

As you aware Doncaster Culture and Leisure Trust met with yourself and Richard Brook to request that the event on Sunday took place with a ruling of no sale of any animal. We were clear that if this request could not be met, Doncaster Culture and Leisure Trust would be unable to allow the event to take place at a venue under the Trust portfolio.

Further to the position outlined in the letter by the International Herpetological Society, it is with regret that I must inform you that Doncaster Culture Leisure Trust will not allow the event to take place at The Dome.
This decision is in relation to the event scheduled on Sunday 17th June 2012.

I would be grateful if you could inform me of your intentions towards the Conference and Function scheduled to take place at The Dome on Saturday 16th June 2012.

Also at the meeting we discussed that once a decision was reached we would issue a joint press release, can I confirm that you still wish to do this? And if so could you please contact me with regard to the proposed wording.

Yours sincerely

Michael Hart
Chief Executive
Doncaster Culture and Leisure Trust

Open Letter to:

Michael Hart, Chief Executive - Doncaster Cultural Leisure Trust
cc Jo Miller,Chief Executive - Doncaster Borough Council

Re: International Herpetological Breeders Meeting 17th of June 2012

Dear Michael,

I am afraid that the DCLT’s action is a flagrant breach of its contract with Richard Brook and IHS. Richard and the IHS have been given insufficient notice of all this and have had no time to mitigate their losses. The only sensible option is to issue proceedings and these will be put in hand as soon as possible. Samuel Laughton of Counsel has been retained and our Solicitors will instruct him shortly. The plan is to issue on an emergency basis in the Chancery Division in London with a hearing tomorrow. If DCLT wishes to attend and wishes to be represented you need to answer Matthew Knight’s letter/fax of even date and indicate who is going to deal with this for DCLT. In the absence of any of this our solicitors will issue without formal notice and will go ahead with the injunction application on an exparte basis ie without DCLT present or represented.

Obviously it would be better if DCLT was present and was represented and so I suggest that you organise your solicitors to defend these proceedings and to line Counsel up to represent DCLT in the Chancery Division tomorrow.

As regards to the conference, arrangements for this remain unchanged.

Yours sincerely,

Chris Newman
Chairman Federation of British Herpetologists

14th June, 2012 @ 15:51hrs

cc Knights Solicitors
Rt. Hon Rosie Winterton MP, Doncaster Central
Rt. Hon Ed Miliband MP, Doncaster North
Rt. Hon Caroline Flint MP, Don Valley
Peter Davies, Mayor of Doncaster

now on facebook

Royal Pythons
http://www.facebook.com/EvolutionMorphs

Western Hognose
Go to Top of Page

Evolution Morphs

United Kingdom
2265 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2012 :  22:46:54  Show Profile  Visit Evolution Morphs's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It don't look good

Wait till tomorrow comes
To see what's what

now on facebook

Royal Pythons
http://www.facebook.com/EvolutionMorphs

Western Hognose
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2012 :  22:49:52  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Aye best of luck to Chris in court.

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

7384 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2012 :  23:12:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lotabob

Won't do you any good, you cant argue or reason with delusion. The annoying thing to me is if these people put their mind and resources into doing something good, something worth while they could maybe make a difference but they have chosen to fight a battle with people who are doing nothing wrong either morally or legally. Us herp keepers want to ensure the health, well being and safety of our animals, surely the reason these forums exist are exactly for that reason, Bats doesn't take a picture of a badly beaten snake, Kelf doesn't post another snuff movie, Janie does subject her snake to her feet but they like it. We all care, they need to understand that and that exotic animals are in the pet trade and like rabbits, gerbils and all the other hundreds, thousands of animals available their owners care and the odd exception of the odd cruel person does not mean we are all that way.

If I came across a 'badly beaten snake' though heaven forbid, yes I would take pictures (although of course I know my photography is laughable) and post on here and rfuk too and involve the rspca and police and whoever I could - while keeping that snake under my protection if I could, with veterinary care of course.

Go to Top of Page

chrisc

United Kingdom
3326 Posts

Posted - 15/06/2012 :  07:53:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
best of luck to them in court today lets hope for the right outcome.
i will be joining an donating to the IHS an FBH come payday to help support the great job they do in fighting for our hobby

1.0.0 burmese python,giblet. 1.0.0 BCI, william. 0.1.0 blue tongue skink, 0.1.0 green iguana, jasmin, 1.0.0 cape house snake, 0.1.0 checkered garter snake

my youtube. http://www.youtube.com/user/pegrocks
incubate 2 campaign
https://www.facebook.com/incubate2
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000