royal moving from palace to studio flat
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

acd1984
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  03:22:12  Show Profile  Click to see acd1984's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My first royal has been off his food for some time now and although im not too worried (he's not lost too much weight) I still continue to try different things like brainingthe rat, scenting, and even taking him on a drive. Well since building the rack and having it all set up I thought I would put him in the rack to see if he would be more secure feeling,
Although I do feel tight giving him less space if he feeds consecutivly then I will assume that he is better of in the rub and not bother with the viv

Il keep you updated as to if it works for me so others in the same situation can try it and see if it works for you

1.0.0 Lesser - Helios
2.0.0 Normal - George & Kairo
1.0.0 Mojave - Bolt
0.1.0 Mojave - Roxi
1.0.0 Leopard Gecko - Leo
0.0.1 Crocodile gecko - Pheonix

hodgie
Fully Grown Royal

United Kingdom
1197 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  09:35:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn`t worry all of my males have gone off their food where my females are starting to take my hands off.

Royals owned "lots"

Go to Top of Page

acd1984
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2012 :  15:57:59  Show Profile  Click to see acd1984's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Lol, im not worried about his weight, but because he is particularly long he looks really skinny

1.0.0 Lesser - Helios
1.0.0 Mojave - Bolt
0.1.0 Mojave - Roxi

Go to Top of Page

acd1984
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2012 :  07:43:03  Show Profile  Click to see acd1984's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
As i suspected, george took a rat last night in his rub which im happy with, now comes the experiment: if he eats a few times consecutively i would assume that he is better off in a rub, dispite feeling guilty about downsizing him from a viv. maybe il put him into a viv again in the future but for now i think hes best in the rack

1.0.0 Lesser - Helios
1.0.0 Mojave - Bolt
0.1.0 Mojave - Roxi

Go to Top of Page

ppl_clectr
Yearling

Canada
226 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2012 :  15:14:00  Show Profile  Visit ppl_clectr's Homepage  Click to see ppl_clectr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Don, I know vivs look nicer for us, but bins are more like a termite mound. I only keep 2 of my 13 in vivs because my husband likes to watch them. The rest are racked in appropriate sized Sterilite bins. No feeding issues here EVER.

SherriR
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000