New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

konrad1982
Yearling

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2012 :  14:00:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys. Could you tell me who would be possibly cheapest frozen food supplier? I know we had that topic before but maybe you have found someone cheaper and better. Thanks

Lincsfox
Yearling

121 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2012 :  14:15:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've found that cheap isn't usually good. I've only got 1 royal so not much point bulk buying, so just go to my local supplier, good quality, which is the most important thing to me.

1.0.0 Pastel Royal - Monty
0.1.0 Amel Corn - Connie (Still MIA)
0.1.0 Carolina Corn - Summer
0.1.0 Snow Corn - Ella
0.0.1 Leopard Gecko - awaiting name
1.0.0 Pug - Bentley
1.1.0 Rugrats
Go to Top of Page

konrad1982
Yearling

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2012 :  14:41:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good point but I would never thought that it may be something wrong with frozen rat or mouse. Local supplier are always good but if you have a few snakes and on each rat you have to pay 30,40 or 50p more the difference is easy to notice.
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2012 :  15:05:57  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I bulk buy from A&N frozen foods online as firstly it's much cheaper, secondly I've never had a problem with quality and thirdly if I buy my normal amount from my local reptile store I'll empty their freezers haha

\v/ Click me for Kelfezond Reptiles Facebook Page! \v/
Go to Top of Page

konrad1982
Yearling

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2012 :  17:38:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheers mate. I read some comments on their website and everybody seems to be happy with their service. Could you tell me how much do they charge for delivery and if it is possible to place order and pay online?
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2012 :  17:46:29  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I can't check at the moment as im on their mobile site but I believe it was about 20 quid for a large box which can fit a lot of rodents in

Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2012 :  17:47:22  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
And you can pay with your card online or via PayPal

Go to Top of Page

konrad1982
Yearling

United Kingdom
235 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2012 :  18:50:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cheers. Have you ever heard about TSM Reptiles? They have very similar prices however if your order is under £75 you pay £9.99 for delivery, with order above £75 you pay £7 delivery and above £125 your delivery is free.Seems not to be bad too.
Go to Top of Page

Bluepoolshark
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2012 :  15:46:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do you tell whether you are getting good or bad quality rats/mice?
Go to Top of Page

Kelfezond
The bearded one

United Kingdom
4803 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2012 :  16:38:51  Show Profile  Visit Kelfezond's Homepage  Click to see Kelfezond's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Some of the bad quality rats and mice I've had generally "fall apart" when I defrost them, I also had a bout of rat pups that were all regurgitated the next morning once

Go to Top of Page

Bluepoolshark
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
13 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2012 :  16:52:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kelfezond

Some of the bad quality rats and mice I've had generally "fall apart" when I defrost them, I also had a bout of rat pups that were all regurgitated the next morning once

Ahhhh, guess mine have been good quality then, never experienced that sort of thing when defrosting!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Royal Python Forum © THEROYALPYTHON.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000